NO INTERNET CONNECTION, BUT CAN BE ACCESSED LOCALLY

JQNE
Go to solution Solved by JQNE,

from the Unraid terminal (Icon on Toolbar), type the following:

ping 8.8.8.8

Use a <CTRL-C> to terminate the process.   IF that works, type the following:

ping google.com

If first command works, you  have Internet access.

If the second command doesn't work, you do not have a DNS server that is accessible from the Unraid server. 

22 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

from the Unraid terminal (Icon on Toolbar), type the following:

ping 8.8.8.8

Use a <CTRL-C> to terminate the process.   IF that works, type the following:

ping google.com

If first command works, you  have Internet access.

If the second command doesn't work, you do not have a DNS server that is accessible from the Unraid server. 

Thank you for this idea. For me this seems everything is okay. And internet is working. 

image.png.c696fc428064fcf2272c43dc3f9c6da0.png

Still I can't connect to community applications.

image.thumb.png.b307c36709c275052498302fccb31510.png

And update os "Check for updates" does nothing.

image.thumb.png.0ec8715bd9bd8cef0ec9a1fb5ddf6756.png

Any ideas for internet? Could this be some bug in unraid os?

Did you setup Notifications?  Is that working?

@trurl mentioned that you were on 6.8.3.   Does this mean that you have been hesitant about doing any upgrades?   The reason that I am asking is that the addresses are hardcoded into each app.  Somewhere in the back of my now hazy mind is the thought that these addresses were changed a while back...

4 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Did you setup Notifications?  Is that working?

@trurl mentioned that you were on 6.8.3.   Does this mean that you have been hesitant about doing any upgrades?   The reason that I am asking is that the addresses are hardcoded into each app.  Somewhere in the back of my now hazy mind is the thought that these addresses were changed a while back...

I would be happy to update, but it seems that I have lost the possibility to update... I have not been interested at all about my server or updating it. It has been working very nicely as my local network storage.

3 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

You can still download the zip file and copy it to your Unraid boot USB with another machine.

https://unraid.net/download

@JQNE, When you put the flash drive in to the other computer to update, make a  complete copy of the contents of that drive before you do anything else.  You will need files and folders from the   config    folder to preserve the present configuration of your server.   Plus, a backup is never needed when you have one!!!

In the past you could just copy over the bz* files in the root of the zip file to do an upgrade.  I know this is still required but I am not sure that is all that is required today.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, Frank1940 said:

@JQNE, When you put the flash drive in to the other computer to update, make a  complete copy of the contents of that drive before you do anything else.  You will need files and folders from the   config    folder to preserve the present configuration of your server.   Plus, a backup is never needed when you have one!!!

In the past you could just copy over the bz* files in the root of the zip file to do an upgrade.  I know this is still required but I am not sure that is all that is required today.

Hi!

Thank you @Frank1940 for these instructions.

I was able to update to version 6.9.0 and Unraid is running happily.

BUT...

I still have same problem. Community aplications "Download of appfeed failed". Can't update plugins. Can't udpate OS (there is version 6.9.1 available)

image.thumb.png.eec8f23f9cc0f6be39ba3528b408d47c.png

image.thumb.png.6c338de7e55715349214bf267f1eda8f.png

So I think that old version of Unraid was not the problem. 

In version 6.9.0 there is new update assistant test capability. Also that test suggested I should be okay to update...

1536588800_ScreenShot2021-12-11at12_24_47.thumb.png.ec08c931a53f4e00eb7dc87566df2d29.png

I also did reset my router to factory settings. No help.

Any other ideas? Or do I have to start thinking new build...

image.png

unraid-diagnostics-20211211-1233.zip

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, trurl said:

This screenshot you posted tells you what to do

thank you for the clarification.

I tried with this settings. I also restarted tower before checking. No luck...

image.thumb.png.c5f7ec6c8610b3d3cccc2c641c2134a8.png

Still in CA I get same error information... Could there be problem with my router? I can ping example google.com

• 5 weeks later...