Unstable Unraid server crashes randomly

Haell

Hi All,

I have my unraid server for half a year now and while the when working the server is great, the downside is that it is quite unstable and I can't seem to find the reason as to why.

Sometimes I have an uptime of 2 weeks or more and other times like the last week I had 3 crashes.

This is the error that console shows (picture unraidcrash.png)

I have also already setup a external (not on the unraid machine) syslog server but no entries about the crash or arround the timing of a crash. So sadly no clue there.

The diagnostic package is also included in the attachment.

Can someone take a look to see what I'm missing?

Thanks

unraidcrash.png

tower-diagnostics-20211026-1202.zip

See if the below applies to you, if yes, upgrading to v6.10 and switching to ipvlan might fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right)), see below for more info.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/70529-650-call-traces-when-assigning-ip-address-to-docker-containers/

See also here:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/690691-kernel-panic-due-to-netfilter-nf_nat_setup_info-docker-static-ip-macvlan-r1356/

After reading through everything this could indeed be the issue.

All my containers got a seperate IP on a dedicated NIC and the syslog idd shows continously mac / nic kernel changes.

Okay, I'll upgrade tomorrow to the beta channel to get v6.10 and change to ipvlan

Thank you for the help, something the information on a forum can be overwhelming if you are not sure what the initial issue could be