Krusader Replacement

rharvey

7 hours ago, rharvey said:

As most know if they still use Krusader in a Docker it's pretty much dead now and not supported.  Does anyone have suggestions on a replacement, thanks....

It is still functional though for me in 6.9.2.

Not using it much anymore but what is your issue ? What feature is missing ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Any updates on a replacement tower-to-tower transfer alternative? Krusader finally started crapping out on me (won’t even start now with a noVNC webutil.js error I can’t find any details for online, and MC doesn’t seem to want to see my separate server address for transfers between two separate hardware systems…

Good to know! My SMB speeds using Windows are usually a third or less than what Krusader was giving me, so the Unassigned Devices trick might be what I’m looking for, especially if I can just mount individual disks as a share with a little work (organizing setup is disk-dependent on one of the towers I regularly move new files onto).

SMB is absolutely ideal for management on the same server.  The interface (Explorer) every one already knows exactly how to use it, and the speed is identical to using Krusader / MC directly on the server (eg: for copying / moving files within the same server, the data never actually traverses the network, so you can quite easily hit the speeds of the drives and exceed the network line speed -> eg: copy files between my nvme's I can easily hit 700MB/s (7000 mbps) on a 1 gbps network.

Moving between servers however, stuff will get routed through the 3rd party which does have some overhead.

17 minutes ago, bonienl said:

You must have a very special network to reach 7000 mbps = 7 gbps on a 1 gbps connection :) 

You didn't read what I said.  SMB copies where the source and destination are the same server do not traverse the network.  Doesn't even need to be the same share so long as they're on the same server.  I can easily hit that rate on a 1G network copying over SMB between WD Black nvme's

• 3 weeks later...

New Unraid-User here,

I also have some issues with Krusader as I built my new server. I wanted to transfer data from my old QNAP via unassigned devices and mapped SMB-shares on Unraid.

After some time Krusader locked up the unassigned devices-shares und itself after a while. With MC there is are such issues.

Anyone have the same problems? I really liked Krusader

Edited by Storm
  • 7 months later...