[Solved] Unable to access Unraid after installed Dell H200 SAS Controller IT Mode

Hi ppl!

I've got my SAS controller today and installed on my Server with no drives attached to it and here are the issues that i'm facing:

• BIOS recognized the card, i can see de the config option and the card information when the system starts, unraid starts apparently normally because i can see IP address assigned to server and tower login on the screen attached to the server.
  • If i ping the server from another PC i can reach it.
  • Can't access webui.
  • Force reboot server and selected start with UI and after entering my credentials firefox loads unable to reach localhost.

Taped pins on the card and inserted on server to boot again, no webui, ping reached server, i can access shares from windows explorer, SSH server and logged in (this last two things i didn't tried before taping the pins so i can't say it wasn't working before). Also i can hear drives working but i'm blind without the webui.

I've tried to generate diagnostics from SSH session following manual https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#Capturing_Diagnostic_Information but it returned an error and after checking flash drive on another PC there is no such file with that name only a file from 3 days ago.

image.png.781c984daf483bff32fb4827b78ae9f1.png

Server started normally after removed the SAS controller but running parity check obviously product of 2 or 3 hard shutdowns.

Attached diagnostics generated after start with no SAS controller.

corellia-diagnostics-20211028-1640.zip

Edited by surferjsmc
16 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Those won't be very useful, you can enable the syslog mirror to flash option on the syslog server then post that after booting with the HBA.

Yeap i imagine that :|,

Ok move to flash activated in syslog server, boot it twice testing the card in different PCIe slots, one by 16x and the other 8x and same result with no webui, poweroff the server from SSH session and after checking the flash drive there are no files created at the time i boot.

• surferjsmc changed the title to Unable to access Unraid after installed Dell H200 SAS Controller IT Mode

Umm ok that will make VMs with passthrough unavailable and if it works like that i will have to make vfio bindings again.

I'll give it a go and let you know.

I have one question regarding the array, when Unraid detects the controller the only thing i have to do is plug my existing array disks to it and assign then again once i started the system? i assume a parity check will be need it though 

One more try with the disks attached to the controller, Unraid is recognizing the card and drives, ping reaches server, SSH connection works, shares available from windows file explorer, even PLEX server is working fine i was able to play music and vids from it but no webui. 

I have try disabling vfio bindings.

Here are the most recent logs

syslog

• surferjsmc changed the title to [Solved] Unable to access Unraid after installed Dell H200 SAS Controller IT Mode