[Solved] Unable to access webui after installing HBA controller

Hi ppl!

After installing an Dell H200 controller i've lost access to the webui, BIOS and Unraid are detecting the card and the disks, ping reach server, i can log through SSH, shares are available from windows file explorer and even plex is working. I've tried connecting from different devices but same result.

The server is running 1x baremetel Win 10 VM (is not starting automatically when boot with the controller), 8x dockers and the most common plugins 

Syslog is mirrored to the flash drive and here are the results from last try.

syslog

PD: if i take the controller off the server starts normally

Edited by surferjsmc

Sorry i forget to say although diagnostics are created from SSH session,

image.png.4779e2fefddc2c09671cdae0e09b7220.png

after shutdown server and plug the flash drive in my laptop there is no zip file on it, the only thing i can see is a directory with that name after cd / and LS the root directory

image.thumb.png.7de1bf5e4c913756ea18cd1bc42f898f.png

I've tried to copy the whole directory to my local machine with pscp but it seems i'm a bit lost finding the correct path

image.png.bc4e3960b2bd51f919d93239750f1a8f.png

Here is how it looks the flash drive on windows

image.png.518e5a75ac1561395952c0b882767e7c.png

image.png.470c50eb715edd24d19d4ec70500bbdd.png

Try the following command:

ls -al /boot

You should get a listing of the files in the root of your flash/boot drive.  I suspect that you won't get anything except (perhaps) an error message.  I think your flash drive has gone 'missing'.   Make sure that it is plugged into a USB2 port as USB3 ports are known to be involved in boot drives going missing...

20 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try the following command:

ls -al /boot

You should get a listing of the files in the root of your flash/boot drive.  I suspect that you won't get anything except (perhaps) an error message.  I think your flash drive has gone 'missing'.   Make sure that it is plugged into a USB2 port as USB3 ports are known to be involved in boot drives going missing...

ls /boot returns an empty directory

image.png.0dcca391a5e97c8e9aaa6a3af8c7da11.png

When i start over the server  again and SSH it diagnostics directory created before is gone, i've created a new one and zip it to backup.tar.gz

image.png.2bb47d430fad3b6c7713a579772c9803.png

I've managed to copy diagnostics zip file to my local drive using pscp :D, i hope it helps.

backup.tar.gz

9 minutes ago, surferjsmc said:

ls /boot returns an empty directory

This indicates your flash drive disconnected. And your diagnostics agrees that it can't see your flash drive. And that often results in webUI problems.

Do you have a flash backup?

Shutdown, put flash in pc and let it checkdisk. While there make a backup. Boot from a USB2 port.

• Like 1

This flash drive i've made last week after another one failed and returns unable to write on it, we can say is a new one, it is true that when i plugged it to windows i get the message saying the drive have errors but it didn't happened before.

Unraid it's booting from USB 3, i've tried USB 2 ports before when i did the restore last week but started without an IP address and if i go for the UI boot firefox returns unable to connect to local host.

What i cannot understand is why the systems start normally if i take out the controller card.

Try putting the network card in another slot...

Make sure the BIOS is up to date...

As a piece of information, there are some MB/BIOS/Unraid combinations where the the Unraid boot drive in a USB3 socket does not get handed off properly between the BIOS, the boot loader, and the Unraid Linux OS.  That is why you are being prompted to put the boot drive in a USB2 socket.  (There is no advantage to use a UBS3 socket for the Unraid boot drive.  It is basically only used during the boot process and only reduces the boot time by less than a half second at the most!)

10 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try putting the network card in another slot...

I assume you meant the controller card ;-), .... already tried that a few time but same result.

MB BIOS is up to date but after checking broadcom's website it seems i can flash the controller to a newer version.

In another thread i opened at the Storage Devices and Controllers @JorgeB advised me to temporarily disabling any vfio-pci bindings

Update

Found Kingston DataTraveler SE9 (it's from work don't tell anyone ;-) ) and restored backup from MyServers to it, still plugged to USB 3.1 port because i've tried 2.0 but Unraid was unable to connect to network (169.254.x.x IP).

System started correctly, ping response correctly, SSH access and most important webui IS WORKING :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!

Now i'm facing some issues with my licence key activation, changed pwd to all accounts, activated flash backup but when i hit fix errors in Access Management the pop-up windows is almost empty showing only options for contact support or back to unraid, the same happens if i try to sign out from the webui.

• surferjsmc changed the title to [Solved] Unable to access webui after installing HBA controller