nzbget 0.8 with par2lib & openssl

no i havent

i thought maybe something should happen at that point but becasue it didnt i stopped

so should carry on through the whole process and then check at the end ?

This whole process is not for n00bs.

To be honest, I wrote up this process in the expectation that someone else would help put together a proper package, but it seems like most people prefer to use sabnzbd.

To be honest, I wrote up this process in the expectation that someone else would help put together a proper package, but it seems like most people prefer to use sabnzbd.

Why don't you try and make up a package.  This is one of packages on my list to try and get into unMenu... but there just is not enough time in the day.  One reason I went with setting up SABnzb first was because I did not have to rely on unRAID-Web or another web server package.

Use one of the more complex packages as a base to work from (SABnzbd, AirVideo, Transmission) and send me a PM if you have any questions.

Why don't you try and make up a package.  

Well, I would if I knew what I was doing! I don't even know how to make a static build -- mine still compiles at boot, which I don't really care about, as the server is always on.

That, and again, it seems like no-one is interested.  ::) If more than 5 people use it, maybe I'll look in to it.

Well, I would if I knew what I was doing! I don't even know how to make a static build -- mine still compiles at boot, which I don't really care about, as the server is always on.

I compile ffmpeg for airvideo the first time.  After the initial compile I don't have to worry about it after that.

That, and again, it seems like no-one is interested.  ::) If more than 5 people use it, maybe I'll look in to it.

If there was a package maybe more people would be interested ;)

I compile ffmpeg for airvideo the first time.  After the initial compile I don't have to worry about it after that.

That's my point. I don't know how to do that, and if you ever try to find out how to do stuff in Linux, you find a lot of articles that assume you are already a massive Linux-nerd. I ain't.  ;D

That's my point. I don't know how to do that, and if you ever try to find out how to do stuff in Linux, you find a lot of articles that assume you are already a massive Linux-nerd. I ain't.  ;D

LOL, I was not not a massvie Linux-nerd before I started with unRAID.  I had used Linux and had a VM installed on my Mac, but other than that I rarely used it.

If you look through the Airvideo package you will see what I do to compile ffmpeg the first go around, and how it is ignored the second time.

If you look through the Airvideo package you will see what I do to compile ffmpeg the first go around, and how it is ignored the second time.

OK, I'll take a look. Does this apply to using unMENU in unRAID 5.x?

And, would I have to start again to make a .plg?

OK, I'll take a look. Does this apply to using unMENU in unRAID 5.x?

And, would I have to start again to make a .plg?

the .plg will not work with unMenu, you would have to create 2 separate files, one for unMenu and one .plg for the unRAID plugin architecture.

I can help create the plg if you want, I find it kind of neat and sort of a weekend project... Any clue as to if nzbget supports categories??

Knock yourself out! Feel free to ask if anything I've documented is unclear.

It does support categories. If you use it with SickBeard, it will be put in the TV category and the NZB shoots to the top of the queue. hugbug recently added priorities as well (after I asked about it) and I use that feature.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

nzbget 9.0 is now available and I have it working with unRAID. The web interface has had a huge overhaul and it's really great.

In addition to the much lower CPU and RAM overhead compared to SABnzbd, there is now the option to separately pause downloads and post-processing.

This is very useful for me, as it means if there is an unpack in progress on my cache drive and I'm trying to stream a Blu-ray from the same drive, it causes stuttering. Pausing the post-processing fixes that, and the download of another NZB can continue while the post-processing is paused.

Here are some screenshots of the new interface:

thDnI.png

ZlYm0.png

vFQIV.png

SyHdb.png

http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

It was fairly simple to upgrade to the new version. I had to swap out a different version of one of the libs. Details of that are here (the sourceforge forum is down at time of writing this post): https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/nzbget/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=457

If 5.0 ever gets released, I may look at writing a plug-in, unless someone else does it first. I'm still using 4.7 right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

nzbget just got a heck of a lot easier to use! You don't need a Docker or a plugin any more -- there is an installer, so you just need to type a couple of commands to install. The installed version also supports updates from within nzbget (via the System settings).

http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1934

$ cd /mnt/cache

$ wget http://nzbget.net/download/nzbget-testing-latest-bin-linux.run
> downloading...

$ sh nzbget-testing-latest-bin-linux.run
> installing...

$ ./nzbget/nzbget -s
> nzbget is running...

You can then add a line in go or some other method if you want it to start on startup of unRAID. nzbget -D is a good way to run it -- as a Daemon.

nzbget just got a heck of a lot easier to use! You don't need a Docker or a plugin any more -- there is an installer, so you just need to type a couple of commands to install. The installed version also supports updates from within nzbget (via the System settings).

http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1934

$ cd /mnt/cache

$ wget http://nzbget.net/download/nzbget-testing-latest-bin-linux.run
> downloading...

$ sh nzbget-testing-latest-bin-linux.run
> installing...

$ ./nzbget/nzbget -s
> nzbget is running...

You can then add a line in go or some other method if you want it to start on startup of unRAID. nzbget -D is a good way to run it -- as a Daemon.

Brilliant!  Hopefully this will make it much easier for Phaze to put his plugin wrapper around it too, might drop a note in his thread as I believe he was looking at doing a plugin for nzbget eventually.