Disable updates per docker container

This does not seem possible at all. Basically my containers update automatically (or manually when I press the button) but it is not possible to prevent the container from updating EVER. I tried to remove the link to the repository from the "edit container" page but it demands a value there and there does not seem to be any other way to turn off updates for a container. Even in the advanced view.

This is important because I have one container in particular that updates so often that it actually kills the connection to many of my other containers, which causes them all to shut down. I would like to disable updates for this container in particular, or reduce the update interval to something like bimonthly etc.

How is this not a feature already?

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, IxsharpxI said:

I would like this. influxdb and telegraf and certain containers break after a certain version and it would be nice to avoid accidental updates.

Unraid will only update when its told to (Auto Update plugin, CA backup, manual etc).
One way to force it to absolutely stay on the same version is to change latest to the specific tag version.

e.g for Unifi controller I need to ensure I stay on a fixed version for stability, so instead of latest:

linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest

I use a specific tag version:

linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-7.0.23

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

I am also looking for this feature
I want ONE of 12 docker never update. for the others autoupdate is ok (with or registration of TAG, lateste etc., version ). 
Would it be possible to build in an autoupdate somewhere analogous to autostart, or wait in advanced view, which is autoupdate on or off by default according to installations?  

image.thumb.png.477d863bfb6b1089d4e6f4df29211d33.png

1 hour ago, andber said:

I am also looking for this feature
I want ONE of 12 docker never update. for the others autoupdate is ok (with or registration of TAG, lateste etc., version ). 
Would it be possible to build in an autoupdate somewhere analogous to autostart, or wait in advanced view, which is autoupdate on or off by default according to installations?  

CA auto update applications plugin has the ability to set selected (or all) to auto update (plugins and dockers)
image.png.bed4ca0d75e453e8de2bc02f47e32609.png

• Thanks 1

Ok you have 2 choices on this. 

1. When you see all of your Dockers DO NOT click the update all button at the bottom. Only click the link to each docker in your list. 

2. If you use the Auto update plugin go into each Plugin/Docker and you can select the update all button and turn it off. Then you are presented with the buttons to turn off/on auto updating for each Plugin/Docker. 

I use #2 Myself because I don't want the MyServer Plugin to auto update on my system because I'd rather be sitting at my system when a remote application updates. ;)  I do want all other Plugins to update. I also do not want my VPN to autoupdate because its been known to take down a few Dockers so I do it myself when I'm at the machine. 

• Thanks 1
On 3/4/2022 at 1:14 AM, tjb_altf4 said:

One way to force it to absolutely stay on the same version is to change latest to the specific tag version.

^ This.

I do this with my Plex docker.  The Plex developers seem to update things/add new features but simultaneously break other functions I rely on (such as streaming OTA NFL football games to me at work).  ;)

I stay on the last known working version, unless there is truly a valid reason I must upgrade.

Another nice side affect is Auto Update and Fix Common Problems never nags me that there is an update available.