[SOLVED] Help with a manual DockerHub container PlexTraktSync configuration

fnwc

Hi, I'm attempting to manually install PlexTraktSync here: https://hub.docker.com/r/twolaw/plextraktsync

I have the container set up, but it's missing the credentials (looking at the log I see "Please enter your Plex username: ").

I'm currently stuck at this step:

image.png.95f7ae95bb61911173b255ef8588947d.png

I've installed NerdTools to be able to install python 3.

However, due to the way the docker is set up in Unraid (I'm guessing), it's not a listed module using something like help("modules"). I'm not really that familiar with docker, but there doesn't appear to be any variables that I can set to set my authorization for either Plex and/or Trakt.

Note that I'm a docker/linux novice, so any help would be appreciated.

Edited by fnwc
Solved
  • fnwc changed the title to [SOLVED] Help with a manual DockerHub container PlexTraktSync configuration

For anyone reading this, I managed to solve it by pulling the github repo, https://github.com/Taxel/PlexTraktSync, installing Python, and running "python main.py" directly to run the authentication process, which creates the .env and .pytrakt.json files. Then I copied the created .env and .pytrakt.json files to the docker filesystem in the same directory.

Actually, I'm not able to access the filesystem without starting the docker, and I can't start the docker in interactive mode (in order to enter my auth information) through the Unraid GUI. So, instead, enter the terminal for your Unraid server, type "docker image ls", find the docker ID of the container, then type "docker run -it <docker_ID>" of the docker ID you found.

This will allow you to configure the docker as needed to create the .env and .pytrakt.json files.

Edited by fnwc
  • Like 1
  • 10 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 5:40 PM, fnwc said:

For anyone reading this, I managed to solve it by pulling the github repo, https://github.com/Taxel/PlexTraktSync, installing Python, and running "python main.py" directly to run the authentication process, which creates the .env and .pytrakt.json files. Then I copied the created .env and .pytrakt.json files to the docker filesystem in the same directory.

Actually, I'm not able to access the filesystem without starting the docker, and I can't start the docker in interactive mode (in order to enter my auth information) through the Unraid GUI. So, instead, enter the terminal for your Unraid server, type "docker image ls", find the docker ID of the container, then type "docker run -it <docker_ID>" of the docker ID you found.

This will allow you to configure the docker as needed to create the .env and .pytrakt.json files.

thank you so much for this!