Cannot Find Device "bond0" - lots of bus errors

Vaslo

Hello,

I've looked through the comments related to this and tries a few things from there but no luck.  I have unRaid on a USB stick plugged into a ASRock X470D4U2-2. I'm seeing the "Cannot Find Device Bond0".  I can't seem to get any logs from the USB stick when I looked at it on a Windows PC (files seem to be there and intact".  I've spent most of the last 6 hours trying to fix this. I've tried plugging the ethernet into different slots, moving the thumbdrive around, updated BIOS, downgrade BIOS etc etc.  No idea why this is happening as its been about 2 years.  I've taken some pictures of whats on the screen but like I said I can't get logs.  I also can't type anything once you see the "tower login" at the end.  Can someone lend some assistance?  Thanks in advance.

IMG_0893.thumb.jpg.c2e1eecdfd719d1ca0eaf03d2ff3d95d.jpgIMG_0894.thumb.jpg.65f7356a5aa50a524756b26916aa4e59.jpgIMG_0895.thumb.jpg.7bcf6456d67389baec4ddface04a091e.jpgIMG_0896.thumb.jpg.fcaa2f31cf67f3ef3281a4bc06f46225.jpg

Edited by Vaslo
Formatting got messed up

I believe the port is a 2.0.  When you say try a different one, do you mean try a fresh load of unRaid on a new drive or copy the existing onto a new one?  I’m asking Because this drive is an existing unRaid bootable I’ve had for a few years and i thought there were implications on moving unRaid to a new drive?

Ok that makes sense I think - when you do the backup, do you mean just like copying the folder structure into, say, a Windows folder and then being able to get the data back later or is there a different way that I need to do this in order to keep some kind of structural integrity to the USB drive file system?

Ok - so I tried to do a brand new installation on a brand new drive and just copied the config over only - got the same problem.  Something is messed up with my config.  But good news - when I just loaded a fresh version with a fresh config it loaded into unRaid and it had no issue using the fixed IP address and logged me right in. I could get to the server  again from my regular web browser method.  I can see all my drives though obviously no parity and all the add-ons, settings, etc are gone.  What should I do from here to restore settings or am I stuck just doing everything over?  I am mostly worried about losing my data and stuff but I'm guessing that is undisturbed?

Not sure what the heck happened to the config...

I tried lots of combinations of files and it appears a file called 'vfio-pci.cfg' which I believe is for a plugin that is the issue.  When I remove it and replace everything else on a new drive I can get the server up though its a new drive. 

The only other thing I see is that if I try deleting or removing domain.cfg, it tells me there is some issue.  I guess I don't have to remove that but if you were getting an error when trying to delete that, would that scare you?  

Almost back in business, thanks for your help.

Last question - hopefully I ask it right.  If moving or deleting that domain file says there is an issue with the file system like corruption, should I do something about it like a fresh install and try to recover the disks or just go with it if it is still working?

48 minutes ago, Vaslo said:

If moving or deleting that domain file says there is an issue with the file system like corruption, should I do something about it like a fresh install and try to recover the disks or just go with it if it is still working?

That file contains the settings you can set under Settings->VM Manager.   If you delete it then you will need to redo any settings that you changed from default.

• Like 1