Server Rebuild and Licensing Issue

For some reason, my old server stopped updating and was several versions behind. Since I rarely really think about it It was several versions behind. I decided to rebuild it. I copied all my data and created a new install using the same USB key and have installed all new drives. Of course, since the license is married to the key, it will not let me request a trial so I am at a standstill. How can I obtain an updated install key? I have the old key but simply copying it to the root of the USB drive does not work. What am I missing? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Windlasher said:

I just tried that. It keeps saying that the GUID is already registered. I'm trying a new stick now. Maybe you cant use the same key twice. 

51 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

If you have the key file that belongs with the stick, it should just boot up and show as licensed. Are you sure that's the only key file in the config folder?

Attach diagnostics to your next post in this thread if it doesn't work.

Hmm. I have tried three different keys and they all say that the GUID is blacklisted. Does it matter because I am skipping several versions?

mediavault-diagnostics-20211103-2052.zip

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

What happens if you use the original stick that the license was issued to?

So I used the original key and created a new disk using the USB creator. I copied the old license key into the config folder and booted which gives me the Pro - invalid key error in the corner. I click on that and then click on the replace key button. I type in my email and then I get "Sorry, an error occurred registering USB Flash GUID 0781-5581-0001-220825111220 The error is: GUID '0781-5581-0001-220825111220' is already registered to another user" The weir thing is that then I tried it with a completely different USB stick and got the same error and then once again with a third USB stick.

It been three or four years since I replaced my key so I am confused. (and out of USB sticks) lol

7 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

That means the GUID is not unique, typically cheap no brand sticks will all use the same GUID, sometimes even name brand sticks will do it, in any case the GUID must be unique to qualify for a license.

Well that sucks, These are Kensington sticks so WTF? I just found one more then I guess Ill be placing an Amazon order.

13 hours ago, Windlasher said:

So I used the original key and created a new disk using the USB creator. I copied the old license key into the config folder and booted which gives me the Pro - invalid key error in the corner. I click on that and then click on the replace key button. I type in my email and then I get "Sorry, an error occurred registering USB Flash GUID 0781-5581-0001-220825111220 The error is: GUID '0781-5581-0001-220825111220' is already registered to another user" The weir thing is that then I tried it with a completely different USB stick and got the same error and then once again with a third USB stick.

It been three or four years since I replaced my key so I am confused. (and out of USB sticks) lol

4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Reading back through this, I'm starting to think something else is going on. What happens if you remove the license file, will it let you get a trial key? @SpencerJ may be able to troubleshoot more effectively.

Going to send you a DM @Windlasher to try and sort this...