Tachidesk-Docker Support Thread

C3004

Ask here for any Problems that might show up durching Tachidesk-Docker installation or usage.

You're here because the container didn't start? Check Common Problems

Installation:

It's the same like you know for other Containers.

Fill in The required Fields and ignore the others when not needed.

Advanced Config:

Add Password Protection

Common Problems:

The container won't start because of a permission issue:

The container has an internal user set to 1000:1000. This user does not exist on a default unraid installation. You can try to use the development branch; Instructions here: Using development branch to circumvent permission error

When you haven't created an extra User the Permission error will flare up. I can't fix this right now but you could 'fix' it by creating an extra user over the user Parameter in the Unraid Webui. If you want to know why click this Link: Docker can't access hard disk.

General Links:

Github-Repro-Tachidesk-Docker: https://github.com/suwayomi/docker-tachidesk

Github-Repro-Tachidesk: https://github.com/Suwayomi/Tachidesk-Server

Github-XML-Template: https://github.com/C3004/Unraid-Templates-C3004/blob/main/Tachidesk-Docker.xml

Github-Repro-XML-Templates: https://github.com/C3004/Unraid-Templates-C3004

Edited by C3004
spelling errors.
touch: /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/docker_touchfile: Permission denied

************README***********
-> It is essential that u read readme for ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk before running this container
-> Readme for ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk is available at https://github.com/suwayomi/docker-tachidesk

Tachidesk data location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk

The server is running by default configuration on http://localhost:4567
log file location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log
/home/suwayomi/startup/startup_script.sh: line 18: can't create /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log: Permission denied
touch: /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/docker_touchfile: Permission denied

image.thumb.png.b0456c1d994bb8900e6ef7d1de0765e3.png

I tried running the container and kept getting these same errors. I've given it privilege on unraid and still nothing. I add a removed Library and local-Library. I've also tried to remove the /. from appdata container path and also changing the appdata folder to not be in appdata incase there was another permission issue. Any idea of what I can do to this?

7 hours ago, stoigeboiii said:

************README***********
-> It is essential that u read readme for ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk before running this container
-> Readme for ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk is available at https://github.com/suwayomi/docker-tachidesk

Tachidesk data location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk

log file location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log
/home/suwayomi/startup/startup_script.sh: line 18: can't create /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log: Permission denied

image.thumb.png.b0456c1d994bb8900e6ef7d1de0765e3.png

I tried running the container and kept getting these same errors. I've given it privilege on unraid and still nothing. I add a removed Library and local-Library. I've also tried to remove the /. from appdata container path and also changing the appdata folder to not be in appdata incase there was another permission issue. Any idea of what I can do to this?

Hi,

I have a few ideas.

How did you go about with giving the container permissions?

As the Template is set currently no special PGID and PUID was assigned so Unraid should? use the 'nobody' account for permissions.

If the 'nobody' account doesn't have permission the docker container doesn't as well.

(Source: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/50738-permission-problem/?do=findComment&comment=499657)

Maybe 'nobody' has no access?

I will read more into the ID's to see what ID's i can give the container. I will update the Template then.

Otherwise

Is your Appdata Share shared on your usenet over SMB or NFS?

Out of experience the permissions get funky if it's shared.

Maybe try unsharing it and it could work.

Anyways the /. /home... is the path set in the Docker itself. Changing it won't solve the Permission Problem here.

That was what i currently came up with.

Good luck.

Wasn't Fix

Ok, i added the standard ID's to the Template. Might take a while till the new Template is available. It might not update by itself so you have to remove and add the container again.

(They are 'hidden' under the 'show more settings' Dropdown menu)

Edited by C3004
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bearbear23 said:

I'm having the same issues as @stoigeboiii even with the new template (IDs added). Could you please double check?

Could you send me a Screenshot of the Docker Template on your end?

Furthermore if your setup is using the defaults, can you use this command in the console?

This command will list all the file permissions of the Tachidesk-Docker folder. If you renamed the folder rename it in the command too.

ls -ld /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker/

This would help me with the troubleshooting.

Let me hear from you soon!

• 1 month later...

Updated the xml file with the new internal docker paths that got changed in one of the last updates.

Downloads will now be downloaded to your designated folder again. (Internal docker change from /library to /downloads)

Local library can now be accessed at sources. (Internal docker path /local)

* It can take a while till the changes are available from community updates

Edited by C3004
19 hours ago, theangelofspace15 said:

Was anyone able to fix the permission error? Im having the same problem default settings

Assuming you have the same error as the others you can fix it like this:

*Update filepaths to be fitting for your system

*you don't need to do this if the docker is running without problems

*Research the commands if you are curious about them

First we will get the UID and GID from the users available in unraid:

less /etc/passwd

from the output you should see a line that looks like this:

nobody:x:99:100:nobody:/:/bin/false

This is the user Nobody that we will use for the docker

Exit less by pressing q .

Now we will look at which user owns the Folder we write the Tachidesk container data in:

The output i get is this:

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 192 Jan 13 15:07 /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker/

This is how it should look like.

If it does not look like this we do this:

First we change ownership of the Folder and subfolder to nobody as user  and the group to users. You can add -c to the command to see the made changes.

chown -R 99:100 /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker

The we change file permissions to all permissions for user and group.

chmod -R 770 /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker

lastly we check if we were successfull.

ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker/

Output should look like this:

root@Tower:~# ls -ld /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker/
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 182 Jan 13 17:17 /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker//
root@Tower:~# ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker/
total 3176
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 3235840 Jan 13 17:19 database.mv.db*
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       0 Jan 13 15:00 docker_touchfile*
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       0 Jan 13 17:17 downloads/
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users     364 Jan 13 15:09 extensions/
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       0 Jan 13 17:17 local/
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users   11427 Jan 13 17:19 logfile.log*
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users     395 Jan 13 15:00 server.conf*
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users     156 Jan 13 16:05 thumbnails/
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users     200 Jan 13 15:00 webUI/

Lastly restart the docker service and the docker.

If this does or does not work please write back and give some feedback.

6 hours ago, C3004 said:

Updated the xml file with the new internal docker paths that got changed in one of the last updates.

Downloads will now be downloaded to your designated folder again. (Internal docker change from /library to /downloads)

Local library can now be accessed at sources. (Internal docker path /local)

* It can take a while till the changes are available from community updates

```Tachidesk data location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk

/home/suwayomi/startup/startup_script.sh: line 18: can't create /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log: Permission denied```

there are no files inside the Tachidesk-Docker folder, beside a manga/ folder

image.jpg

Ok, looks like I did not do my Research correctly.

I added the PUID and GUID variables to the container template as i thought that those would be handled by the docker engine but apparently the docker itself needs to have support for it so it doesn't work in our case. They are currently useless and i will remove them from the Template.

Ok so the Problem is that the docker can't write it's files.

A few questions i have for you:

What are the zpool share settings? Is It shared with smb? (The permissions can get funky if windows has access to it.)

Is the zpool/tank_docker/appdata path set as standard in the docker settings?(If not maybe the docker engine gets no access to it)

things to try out:

-Removing the docker from the unraid system and reinstalling it.

-Removing all the mount paths to see if the docker runs like that. (With removed filepaths the docker will only run in it's own container and does not keep data when updating the container) If it does not work then something different is wrong on your end.

That are my thoughts for now.

I'll do some more research later.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:06 PM, C3004 said:

I added the PUID and GUID variables to the container template as i thought that those would be handled by the docker engine but apparently the docker itself needs to have support for it so it doesn't work in our case. They are currently useless and i will remove them from the Template.

What are the zpool share settings? Is It shared with smb? (The permissions can get funky if windows has access to it.)

Is the zpool/tank_docker/appdata path set as standard in the docker settings?(If not maybe the docker engine gets no access to it)

things to try out:

-Removing all the mount paths to see if the docker runs like that. (With removed filepaths the docker will only run in it's own container and does not keep data when updating the container) If it does not work then something different is wrong on your end.

The zpool is just a share with a symlink to a zfs pool. Dockers and dockers app are in the pool and all ny other containers have been running fine for years like that. So it is not relevant. 
I did try reinstalling l, but still same problem.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:06 PM, C3004 said:

things to try out:

It did works removing all paths.

FEEE91D3-FC94-4163-A897-1AEFFE9B93C1.png

FFCBC783-1248-4056-9F75-FA8E3B168946.png

ECB0B7BE-135C-413B-9B9F-E8F3ACA851AB.png

I didn't think that Dockers work that way but apparently they do.

For volume mapping the unraid host uses the -v command which adds the problem discussed bellow:

According to the Dockerfile in the Tachidesk-docker repository(https://github.com/Suwayomi/docker-tachidesk/blob/main/Dockerfile). Their Suwayomi user has UID and GID set to 1000. My thoughts with dockers were that the id in the docker does not matter so the id's of the user running docker would be used. But this does not happen.

This is my ls-l output from the download folder:

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Mediaserver/Manga/Tachidesk/MangaDex (EN)/This Village Sim NPC Could Only Be Human# ls -ltotal 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 windows  1000 224 Jan 17 13:22 Kirei\ Cake_Ch.16.2/
drwxr-xr-x 1 windows  1000 306 Jan 13 17:20 Kirei\ Cake_Ch.17.1/
drwxr-xr-x 1 windows  1000 306 Jan 13 15:12 Kirei\ Cake_Ch.17.2/
drwxr-xr-x 1 windows  1000 276 Jan 13 15:11 Kirei\ Cake_Ch.18.1/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody  users 276 Nov  7 20:42 Kirei\ Cake_Ch.18.2/

If you look at it you see two different users.

The Nobody user is there from when i tested the chwon and chmod command at the system.

But in the other files we can see that a different user created them. It is the windows user i created in Unraid to access the drives.

Now let us see what output less /etc/passwd gives me:

windows:x:1000:100:normal windows login:/:/bin/false

Now if we remember to the beginning the suwayomi user has the UID set to 1000, which is the same as my windows user.

So the docker was only working on my System because some USERID was the same as the USERID from the Docker.

----------

How to fix it.

OPTION 1:(Prefered)

I contact the Tachidesk guys and have them add some option we can use to change the ID's the docker uses to make/change stuff.

OPTION 2:

If Option 1 fails I'll make a fork and set it up to use changes in option1 and that it updates automatically from the suwayomi repository.

-------

Ok it might take a bit till this is sorted out fully. I have exams and a paper comming up so it could be that it is fixed at the end of February.

Till the you can use the docker without any added paths.

Important:

When the docker has an update available do not update it immediately!

Create a Backup file in the Settings and save it.

Then you can update and use the backup file to get your progress back.

Edited by C3004
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, llamad2 said:

Anyone got this to work with swag for reverse proxy?

If so, can you share your conf file?

Figured it out. Just need to secure the connection now.

Password Protection over Swag:

In the swag docs they have this:

If you'd like to password protect your sites, you can use htpasswd. Run the following command on your host to generate the htpasswd file:

docker exec -it swag htpasswd -c /config/nginx/.htpasswd <username>

You can add multiple user:pass to .htpasswd.

For the first user, use the above command, for others, use the above command without the -c flag, as it will force deletion of the existing .htpasswd and creation of a new one

source:https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-swag (scroll down to Security and Password Protection)

For that to work you will also have to uncomment these two lines in the config file.

#auth_basic "Restricted";
#auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

Password Protection in the Docker:

Just saw this in their discord server:

You can also add simple authentication in the docker config.

picture.thumb.png.d647395551fb93f91cdfb53832d9e601.png

But i do not know how it will hold up in reference to the one directly in the reverse proxy.

Edited by C3004
added in docker pw and titels for links
  • 4 months later...

For those still having the permission error

touch: /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/docker_touchfile: Permission denied ************README*********** -> It is essential that u read readme for ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk before running this container -> Readme for ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk is available at https://github.com/suwayomi/docker-tachidesk ***************************** Tachidesk data location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk The server is running by default configuration on http://localhost:4567 log file location inside the container -> /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log /home/suwayomi/startup/startup_script.sh: line 18: can't create /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/logfile.log: Permission denied touch: /home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/docker_touchfile: Permission denied

It seems to work for me when I added this to the Advanced View -> Extra Parameters:

-u $(id -99):$(id -100)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

1. I'm seeing that all extensions and saved library gets removed each time container rebuilds. (so container update will delete everything.)

2. Download and Local path are not working correctly, even that I specified correct path and docker path shows unraid folders via console, app doesn't seem to notice those downloaded files. When I try do download using tachidesk, it still downloads

/home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk # cat logfile.log |grep Sword
/root/.local/share/Tachidesk/downloads/Asura Scans (EN)/Reincarnation Of The Strongest Sword God/Chapter 1
/home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk # ls -al downloads/
total 16
drwxrwxrwx    1 99       users           27 Aug 31 20:01 .
drwxr-xr-x    1 99       users          104 Sep  2 11:01 ..
drwxrwxrwx    1 1001     users        12288 Aug 24 10:41 Prison School
/home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk # ls -al local
total 16
drwxrwxrwx    1 99       users           27 Aug 31 20:01 .
drwxr-xr-x    1 99       users          104 Sep  2 11:01 ..
drwxrwxrwx    1 1001     users        12288 Aug 24 10:41 Prison School

16 hours ago, sentryalex said:

Yeah please share your docker run config. If it gets replaced with an update it usually means that the files don't get exported from inside the container to your harddisk.

But in a different case did you use Parag2K3's sugesstion for the permission error?

If so the new user doesn't have acces to the config.

But it seems like they already made a change that would fix it.

See here: https://github.com/Suwayomi/docker-tachidesk/issues/22

I didn't test it but if it gets through it should be fixed in the next update.

Have a nice Day

yes I used Parag2K3's suggestion for the permission error.

Is there better solution? like adding permissions as a values?

here is docker run

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Tachidesk-Docker' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="AlexFileServer" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="Tachidesk-Docker" -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:4567]' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Suwayomi/Tachidesk-Server/master/server/src/main/resources/icon/faviconlogo.png' -p '4567:4567/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Tachidesk-Docker':'/home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/manga/':'/home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/manga/':'/home/suwayomi/.local/share/Tachidesk/local':'rw' -u $(id -99):$(id -100) 'ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk'

1a2afdcf18a1c89a55f8eab14b5b7cc1814c93e9a6e03f783c83db59ac977863

• 3 months later...

form my own experience, I worked on tachidesk-server docker.

To solve the right problem, I edited the second ligne of the dockerfile

from

RUN groupadd --gid 1000 suwayomi && useradd --uid 1000 --gid suwayomi --no-log-init suwayomi;

to

RUN useradd --uid 99 --gid users --no-log-init suwayomi;

the users group already in the image with the right gid.

So far, I downloaded and read chapters without problems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 12:34 PM, luzankia said:

form my own experience, I worked on tachidesk-server docker.

To solve the right problem, I edited the second ligne of the dockerfile

from

RUN groupadd --gid 1000 suwayomi && useradd --uid 1000 --gid suwayomi --no-log-init suwayomi;

to

RUN useradd --uid 99 --gid users --no-log-init suwayomi;

the users group already in the image with the right gid.

So far, I downloaded and read chapters without problems.

Where exactly that docker file is located?

and should I edit this file every time I update Tachidesk app?

8 minutes ago, sentryalex said:

As I did it, yes. I created a docker based on this Dockerfile docker-tachidesk/Dockerfile at main · Suwayomi/docker-tachidesk (github.com) and uploaded the final image on my dockerhub. I have no knowledge on github's fork but it should be possible to automate this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 12:50 PM, sentryalex said:

I'm not sure if you're still trying to get Tachidesk working but if you need some help with it then I can offer some step-by-step assistance. I was messing around a few days ago and got the docker that luzankia mentioned working in Unraid with all of it's functionality.