[SOLVED] 6.10 RC2 corrupted runtime nvidia?????

I tried out 6.10 RC2 this morning and noticed my Plex wasn't started after reboot. It gives me an error "docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia". 

If I delete the line "--runtime=nvidia" from extra parameters Plex can start OK albeit without HW transcoding. I tried manually typing it in to avoid invisible spaces being placed. Doesn't fix it. 

After a few failed attempts at google resolutions. I decided to downgrade back to 6.9.2 and the issue is still persisting. 

Any suggestions?

• Conson Droppa changed the title to 6.10 RC2 corrupted runtime nvidia?????
14 minutes ago, rmeaux said:

I tried out 6.10 RC2 this morning and noticed my Plex wasn't started after reboot. It gives me an error "docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia". 

If I delete the line "--runtime=nvidia" from extra parameters Plex can start OK albeit without HW transcoding. I tried manually typing it in to avoid invisible spaces being placed. Doesn't fix it. 

After a few failed attempts at google resolutions. I decided to downgrade back to 6.9.2 and the issue is still persisting. 

Any suggestions?

Have you validated that the Nvidia Driver is installed?

This is a question for the Nvidia Driver support thread.

1. Remove the Nvidia Driver plugin
  2. Upgrade to RC2 again
  3. Download the Nvidia Driver again

I think that something went wrong with the download from the Nvidia Driver package and that's why it doesn't work.

No problem here on RC2 with the Nvidia Driver.

1 minute ago, rmeaux said:

Sorry about post location. I didn't know where to put it since it maybe involved nvidia, beta OS, Plex, and then stable OS.

I think the best would be to start at the plugin because it installs the drivers or the Bug report prerelease sub forums since it's related to a prerelease or the plugin.

I changed your topic to solved.

• ich777 changed the title to [SOLVED] 6.10 RC2 corrupted runtime nvidia?????
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...