Licence limitations ?

Hello,

I'm new here, I plan to use unraid bu first I have a question about licence use.

For 2xNAS each one will contain 2 drives, can I use same basic licence or do I have to buy 2 licences ?

In other words is the licence linked to the hardware or to the user (me) ?

Thanks for your input

Edited by GodoKisaragi
misstyping

Thanks clear.

If I'm not wrong USB Flash boot crash as it keeps licence activation on it.

How can I ensure I keep my licence if this piece of hardware crash ?

Is there any possibilty inside drives (or elsewhere) to have a kind of recovery tools allowing to recreate or at list unregister licence to create a new Boot device ?

Today I have a qnap holding lot of data and I've successfully used recovery plan when hardware crashed (nothing complicated just moving disks).

For sure there is no licence transfer as price paid for hardware is including licence.

I plan to use old SATA drives (mixed capacities) to create backup physically located outside.

I first need to understand recovery plan for unraid, pear aps it clarifies my questions :)

Thanks

Ok got it I have to backup key boot inside my main storage which is backuped with unraid solution :)

I like the idea having an usb key that we can easily backup using File Explorer like what I'm doing with Raspberry's :).

I will give a look on a regular basis in case for christmas I can have coupons with a rebate :).

For a main NAS it seems that's a very powerfull solution.

Anyway support is very fast and efficient :)

Thanks !