Am I safe to restart? Docker service failed.

mikesp18

As I was sitting at the desk, I noticed that my Sabnzbd docker lost connection.  I checked and the docker was running.  It's the VPN version, so sometimes it drops out. So I restarted the docker and got a failed message. I stopped and restarted the Docker Service under Settings->Docker, and now I'm getting "Docker Service failed to start.".

My first inclination is to restart the Unraid installation, but... I've made errors doing that before.  What shall I try first. Thanks as always.

grond-diagnostics-20211110-1236.zip

1 hour ago, mikesp18 said:

My first inclination is to restart the Unraid installation

That should never be your first inclination. No reason to think it would help. The OS is unpacked fresh from the archives on flash into RAM and runs completely in RAM. Each boot of Unraid is a "clean install"

Corrupt docker.img.

You will have to recreate

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Docker_Management#Re-Create_the_Docker_image_file

and reinstall your dockers

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Docker_Management#Re-Installing_Docker_Applications

Wow. Thank you.

How did you know the docker.img was corrupt? Maybe I won't nee to ask for help next time :)

Followed the instructions, everything was back up and running in 10 minutes. I did need to clear the browser cache for one of the containers, but that was about it. The ability to tick off all the containers to reinstall and do it all at once was lovely.