move system folder between cache pools (nvme->nvme)

cpu

Whole story first - I just installed second NVME cache with DRAM this time - Samsung 970 Evo Pro and want to get files off old cache which is Samsung 980 Evo, then I thing I'll leave 980 Evo unassigned as dedicated Win10 VM disk.

So I need to move my system folder to new cache pool - is it safe to copy data directly between pools -> /mnt/cache1 -> /mnt/cache2 and afterwards set system share to new cache pool (cache2) to make sure mover won't be involved?

I'm asking this question because I have docker set to directories and with over 40 docker containers it's huge amount of files so don't want to waste time copying files from cache1 pool to array and then from array to cache2

Also current size of system folder is 31.7 GB according to gui (over 6M files) but when I do:

du -sh /mnt/cache
251G    /mnt/cache/

Is it counting all symlinks or something?

3 minutes ago, cpu said:

I'm asking this question because I have docker set to directories and with over 40 docker containers it's huge amount of files so don't want to waste time copying files from cache1 pool to array and then from array to cache2

Far easier (and far far faster) to simply delete the docker folder via Settings -> Docker, then change where the folder is stored followed by Apps -> Previous apps and check the stuff off

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

Far easier (and far far faster) to simply delete the docker folder via Settings -> Docker, then change where the folder is stored followed by Apps -> Previous apps and check the stuff off

Huh that's simple, cheers saved me tons of time.