Unraid Reboot Problem?

Go to solution Solved by Captain351,

I am having a Reoccurring problem with my Server where I will look at my dashboard and notice that it has rebooted itself at some point since I last looked at it. The motherboard is not set to boot at power on so I believe the OS itself is responsible! This always causes a parity check on reboot which I don't like because of added ware and tear on my hard drives. The part that really worries me is that there are always bunches of sync errors found. All the smart data on my Hard drives shows up OK. I have looked at all the logs I can find and have not seen anything that stands out to me. (it would probably have to say "Here is you problem" for me to recognize it.

The only helpful thing I can add is that I recently had my Cache SSD fail! I has able to get the server back up with the use of backups and everything is working seemingly better because I installed a bigger faster drive. I did not notice the reboot problem before I replaced the SSD. Is there anything I could have done wrong!

My Linux skills aren't great I would call myself a talented script kitty so please be gentle!

enterprise-diagnostics-20211113-1543.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Finally came to the cause of this problem!  Appears to have been a failing Power Supply! was using an ancient Corsair HX750 that actually tests fine and I am using it in a different machine. I installed a new RM850X and have not had a single problem since! I really didn't think it was hardware just goes to show don't overthink it!