Removing disk from Array, adding a new one and more

piratx

Hello, I have installed the 500GB NVMe but the issue with the x On the disk 7 its still there/here. 

Any suggestions on how to fix it are welcome always. 
I have changed my cables and remove most of the splitters and now i mainly using the psu cables. 
i have checked and I can see the disk in BIOS. so i am a bit stuck there! Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Of course the only way to get rid of that is to rebuild the disk.

My last post before that:  

On 11/29/2021 at 11:49 AM, trurl said:

By disconnected, I mean Unraid lost its connection to the disk for some reason. Could be some connector, SATA or power, either end, including splitters, could be cable, could be power. You have to fix whatever caused that and rebuild the disk.

OK, that looks good. Some things about your docker setup still needs work but we can deal with that later.

I took the time to reread all of this thread. Since this was a connection problem, and the SMART attributes for the disk look OK (though there hasn't been an extended test run in a long time), it should be OK to rebuild to the same disk.

But, it is always safer to rebuild to a spare if you have one and so keep the original disk as is in case there is any problem with rebuilding.

Do you have a spare?

I am running an extended SMART test on that disk. Almost all my disks was WD RED in the unraid. 
its just the one on external enclosures I am buying lately are white labeled anyway. 
and from what I read all those disks are same with the red ones and the only thing is missing is the red label. 
Should I changed the attribute like you said to all those?