Removing disk from Array, adding a new one and more

piratx

I click it and it stops.. :(

Actually when I click the extended test the short test button seems to be clicked, but again no results.

From where I should go on my unraid to run that test if not from Tools > Preclear disk.

Sorry for all those questions, it's the first time this happens.. to my unraid, and I am a bit afraid.

Edited by piratx
9 hours ago, piratx said:

I have something weird on the Sys pool

One thing for sure doesn't work it my qbittorrent client. That happened after I tried to add the 500GB new NVMe on my Sys pool :(

You should disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings and leave them disabled until your array is rebuilt and we take care of that sys pool problem

Okay!

do i need to do this:

Stop the array.

Unassign the disk you want to upgrade.

Start the array to commit this change and make Unraid 'forget' the current assignment.

Unraid will how tell you that the missing disk is being emulated. It does this using the combination of the remaining data drives and a parity drive to dynamically reconstruct the contents of the emulated drive.

Right!?

Those instructions are for a disk that wasn't already disabled and you just wanted to replace it, perhaps with a larger disk. And even if that were what you were doing, that part about making it "forget" isn't really necessary. As soon as you assign a different disk to that slot it will know you are rebuilding.

You just need to stop the array, assign the replacement to the slot being replaced, start the array to begin rebuild.

• Like 1

It worked :) Just need to re-check my setup..

cause lidarr is showing me this:

You are using docker; download client nzbget reported files in /data/usenet/complete/music/Swallow The Sun-Moonflowers-Deluxe Edition-2CD-FLAC-2021-GRAVEWISH but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container. Review your remote path mappings and container volume settings.

i have re-setuped it (but not fully) a month+ ago with TraSH guide..

I'm talking about this folder structure https://trash-guides.info/How-to-setup-for/Unraid/

Anything bad on it?

eleven-diagnostics-20211212-1051.zip

• 1 month later...

Happy new year! I hope the best!
It seems that I am still having strange issues with some disk.
I had everything ok for a month now and then I saw really high temp on disks (56-59 celcius).
So I shutdown the unraid and tried to remove the non needed disks (the 4tb which caused issues before and the smaller nvme) which those stayed on my unassigned devices for a month.

And here comes the trouble.
I started the unraid after I removed those drive and I didnt saw it running ok at first. It tooks like 5 minutes for the web page to load after that.

So I have the array stopped and that cause again disk5 couldnt be seen. I shutdown the unraid again checked the wires and started it. It went faster this time and disk5 was there so I started the array. And after a minute or so I got error about this disk and it said again that sata is emulated.
So I shutdown unraid and removed the disk and on its place i installed a NEW 8TB with duration of use 2days 3hours or something. That replace the disk5 slot and I hopped all ok.

After barely 20 Minutes I got some errors about that disk. Actually 1996 crc errors and the parity which started before is now stopped.

I am starting to think there is some problematic sata (the small plug ones) that is going byebye. Any suggestions are welcome and many thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eleven-diagnostics-20220122-1041.zip

Edited by piratx