unraid-api causing high CPU usage

Hey,

so I've noticed on multiple occasions that the MyServers plugin will lose connection and then cause a high CPU usage.  

It also spawns a lot of "sh" subprocesses without ever successfully establishing a connection again.

unraid-api.thumb.png.92ea2ea1ea09ccdeb51df5bbd65c6eec.png

unraid-api2.thumb.png.163805268ba10c219eb3b02e259f9eb2.png

executing 'unraid-api restart' solves this for at least a day or two. No more spawned 'sh' childs anymore too.  

Should I just restart via a user script every 24 hours as a workaround or is this a more general issue that can be fixed in the plugin code?  

All else kept the same, after a restart of unraid-api my load average drops from around 1.60 1.75 1.89 to 0.38 0.76 1.36 after about 10 minutes or so. This is significant CPU load and thus power usage that is completely wasted.   

If there are any logs I can provide I'll happily do so. The system log doesn't show any anomalies tho.

Edited by Thx And Bye
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 11:23 PM, Thx And Bye said:

Yes, two of them have. plexinc/pms-docker has it build in and I've created my own that checks that my VPN container is properly connected.

Okay, is there any chance you could try running the api without those containers or healthchecks and see if you notice the CPU still spiking? If that resolves it then the next plg update should fix this for you.