Prolonged shutdown on server, now IP has changed. no dockers work with each other.

So seems all my IP address change for server and dockers, now nothing is talking to each other. How can this be corrected without removing dockers and settings and how can this be prevented in the future?

The main dockers I need fixed are Jacket,Sonarr and qbit. 

I already broke qbit by trying something I found on google to change ip manually and it just removed it and all my settings already =\ 

Please let me know any more info that is needed and the future help.
thanks

17 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

what changed in your network to have a new server IP?

also how were your dockers configured to get an ip?

Forgive me, bit of a noob. no idea why anything changed. there was a bad storm so I shut everything down, the networking stuff is on a UPS so that was fine. when I turned it on, everything went from XXX.XXX.0.34 to XXX.XXX.0.35 and this has lead to dockers not talking to each other.

8 minutes ago, mctavish01 said:

Forgive me, bit of a noob. no idea why anything changed. there was a bad storm so I shut everything down, the networking stuff is on a UPS so that was fine. when I turned it on, everything went from XXX.XXX.0.34 to XXX.XXX.0.35 and this has lead to dockers not talking to each other.

It seems that your unraid is not set to static (ip never changes) but to Dynamic (it renews at some point).

How did you setup your dockers? either Host or Bridge.

if its host then you still have access to them at the new IP X.X.0.35:8080 or whatever the docker ports is.

if you can post a screenshot of your dockers it would help folks try to help you.

5 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

It seems that your unraid is not set to static (ip never changes) but to Dynamic (it renews at some point).

How did you setup your dockers? either Host or Bridge.

if its host then you still have access to them at the new IP X.X.0.35:8080 or whatever the docker ports is.

if you can post a screenshot of your dockers it would help folks try to help you.

looks like they are all bridge.
Can I just change them all host? 

I also found where it looks like i can set a static ip for my server but docker/vm needs to be disabled, would that delete my current dockers and would need to reset up?

Screenshot 2021-11-16 195958.png

13 hours ago, mctavish01 said:

looks like they are all bridge.
Can I just change them all host? 

I also found where it looks like i can set a static ip for my server but docker/vm needs to be disabled, would that delete my current dockers and would need to reset up?

Screenshot 2021-11-16 195958.png

No it will not delete the dockers if you stop the vm/docker service.

It would be easier to change it to host because all of them will have the same ip address just different ports.

its whatever you feel more comfortable with. You may have to tweak settings to get all your dockers talking to each other.

9 hours ago, ijuarez said:

No it will not delete the dockers if you stop the vm/docker service.

It would be easier to change it to host because all of them will have the same ip address just different ports.

its whatever you feel more comfortable with. You may have to tweak settings to get all your dockers talking to each other.

Hey thanks so much for the helping hand ijuarez, I felt I knew how to do something but got scared after I messed up one docker. In short I also have a bunch of ubiquti stuff which I admittedly don't know as much as I want to for networking stuff. Got a hold of a friend who works on that area in IT and just walked me through assigning my server my old address as it's static IP and it all just works now.

So all is not good aside from me needed to fix the thing I broke :)