(SOLVED) Network connection disconnecting on Unraid server - eth0: rtl_txcfg_empty_cond

phoebus

Over the past week I've been having problems with my Unraid setup, disconnecting from my local network. 

I've looked and it seems to be an Unraid rather than a Plex Media Server problem (where I first spotted it). Plex won't connect until I wake the Windows VM I am running on the Unraid device or I log into Unraid, though it could be a coincidence. It does tend to be in the evening and night time rather than morning. 

Looking in the log (attached) I keep getting:

eth0: rtl_txcfg_empty_cond

As you can see in the syslog-2 I keep getting this from when I try to use Plex from 21:25 until I log into Unraid at 21:28 and the error corrects itself. 

This problem only started the last week or 2 and will creep in while Plex is playing, either disconnecting or slowing down, but has become worse the last couple of days. I've disconnected and reconnected the ethernet cable and rebooted Unraid to no avail. 

I use the motherboard's built in ethernet adaptor. 

syslog-2 unraid-diagnostics-20211117-2155.zip

Edited by phoebus
Solved

For any future readers, I solved this (so far the error hasn't reappeared) by updating my Unraid install to a beta. I went from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0-rc2 2021-11-01. 

Looking online it seems that Realtek drivers have a known issue around r8169 and the beta may include the latest drivers. 

Edited by phoebus
  • phoebus changed the title to (SOLVED) Network connection disconnecting on Unraid server - eth0: rtl_txcfg_empty_cond