[SOLVED] No drives detected, stale configuration upon reboot

ramair02

Diagnostics file attached.

My server has been running great for months. I shut it down this morning to remove a 3 TB drive and add 2 14 TB drives, one for additional storage and the other as a second parity drive. However, upon rebooting the server, I've run into a stale configuration error and no devices detected. 

To get the server back up and running, I removed the 2 new 14 TB drives and put the 3 TB drive back in, but I am seeing the same thing upon reboot. I'm not sure what could have changed. Perhaps it is related to my LSi controller or HP expander, but I'm confused since everything was working perfectly before I fiddled with it (of course!).

The SSDs are detected, but none of the HDDs. 

screencapture-homegrown-Main-2021-11-18-09_21_38.thumb.png.2bb02448733daf2c73ebca49b2411cdf.png

homegrown-diagnostics-20211118-0909.zip

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

No LSI controller detected, re-seat or try a different PCIe slot if availbale.

Thank you. This was the issue. I must have pulled the LSi Controller out of the PCIe slot ever so slightly when plugging in a new cable. I reseated it and everything is recognized again. Easy fix. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] No drives detected, stale configuration upon reboot