Is there a way to just start over, not losing my paid OS plus?

Hi. I have a highly messed up setup and have even put back in my old motherboard and still can't pass through GPU as I used to be able to before making the major mistakes of adding a second cache drive and 'upgrading' my motherboard.  It seems that changing motherboards has really messed things up and the info seems to save and is mixed up between motherboards. 

All I can think of to try is to revert to a previous 'save' of this same flash drive when things worked.   Is there a way to recreate it with the save?    Or is there any way to get the system to recognize only the current motherboard?     I'm sorry I've posted another thread, but I've already asked if there is a way to start over with everything deleted but keeping my registered USB, but I still don't know.    I appreciate any help. 

Edited by Rushtallica
1 hour ago, Rushtallica said:

All I can think of to try is to revert to a previous 'save' of this same flash drive when things worked. 

Is this a flash backup from the appdata backup/restore plugin or one you manually made by clicking on Flash Backup from the Flash Device Setting page in the GUI?

If you were using the MyServers plugin from Limetech, it has a flash backup to the cloud option which you may have had enabled.

The important things are stored in the config folder if you want to return to a prior configuration.  If you want to return to the same unRAID version you can recover everything from the backup. 

If it is a backup from the plugin, go to the location where you have it configured to store the flash backup and copy over what you want to the USB flash drive.

If you made the backup manually through the GUI, go to the download location and unzip that backup somewhere and then copy what you want to the USB flash drive.

I can't tell you exactly how recovery from MyServers works as I have yet to use it.

23 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you know how you got that to work before? Or did someone else set that up for you? Probably you just need to work out the IOMMU group to get that working on your new mobo.

Hi. I got everything working before, overrode ACS with Both, etc., and am familiar with troubleshooting and putting together things such as Hackintosh setups., \ though I'll definitely admit to ignorance regarding messing with cache pools, and I normally wouldn't have posted multiple threads but really could not find much info and tried the troubleshooting recommendations (I did end up fixing an 84C temp problem by rolling back to 6.9.2, and I really appreciate the ideas; thanks to each person for posting them :) ). 

I then reinstalled my original motherboard and set it the same way it was, checking iommu groups several times and trying numerous VM's and methods, but it would no longer pass through a GPU.  I believe I completely messed it up in adding a second cache drive and in trying to divide cache pools to give more for VM's on one.     I've been messing with this to a degree or other for a few days and for about the last 15 hours straight and finally gave up and deleted all my drives and will start from scratch.  Hopefully I'll get it going again on the new setup from scratch.  Thanks again for your reply and to the others.  It is really appreciated. :) 

Edited by Rushtallica
10 hours ago, Rushtallica said:

I normally wouldn't have posted multiple threads

Yes that's quite a mess you created. Maybe I could merge all that into this thread so everyone that might want to respond can all do it together in one place instead of wasting their time with the same ideas already posted in other threads.

There is a good reason crossposting has been considered bad manners on message boards since before the world wide web.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Yes that's quite a mess you created. Maybe I could merge all that into this thread so everyone that might want to respond can all do it together in one place instead of wasting their time with the same ideas already posted in other threads.

There is a good reason crossposting has been considered bad manners on message boards since before the world wide web.

Thank you so much.  My challenge now is that I'm using the same USB trying to reinstall, and it takes me to the registration page and doesn't recognize this USB is already registered.     Is there a way to fix that?   Thank you.

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

I merged them into the thread with the most responses

Thank you so much! :)    It's possible I may have botched things up about as badly as they can be barring equipment failures. :D  But I hope maybe some of this could help someone else having problems, too. 

1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

The *.key file is stored in the config folder on the flash drive.  If there is no *.key file you should be able to get it from a backup of the config folder or through the original registration email. 

Thank you! I found a mention of the key and downloaded it from myservers and put it in the config portion of the USB drive after I recreated it and just now started the parity check. So I'll kind of have mandatory time away from it for a while today. :D    Thanks so much again! 

Edited by Rushtallica