[SOLVED] New Parity disk replacement identified a fault with a disk in array.

Hello everyone.

Hope everyone is well and that you can assist.

So, got myself a new 18TB drive to replace my working 16TB parity drive.

I replaced the drive and while parity sync/rebuilding I started getting read errors on some of the drives.

Reading the forums, I understand it could be some cable issues, so I have ordered new cables SAS cables.

I stopped it and rebooted the server and now drive 6 (another 16TB) is showing as disabled.

Panic started....

A ordered a new 16TB drive to replace the disabled drive.

In the meanwhile, I removed the new 18TB parity drive and put back the original 16TB parity but now I am getting one of two additional issues:

1) With the old parity drive in the error = "Stopped. Invalid configuration."

2) If I disable the parity drive, the array starts with disk 6 disabled/emulated.

My plan is to once I get the 16TB, put it in to replace the disabled disk 6, but without the parity will I lose data?

If not, then replace the 16TB parity to the 18TB and sync/rebuild.

As you can probably tell I am probably not the most experienced in unraid, but tech savy, but wanted to reach out and get your advice/suggestion on how to proceed before I create more issues and how to get my server back to it's full glory (of course if you have any other suggestion on how toi make it better, let me know too)🙂

Appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

Al

kraken-diagnostics-20211120-1148.zip

Cool thanks.

I have stopped the array.

Never done a new config before.

So... in the tools/new config, do I need to preseve any current assignment?

Also, will I allocated the original 16TB drive as the parity and although drive 6 still showing is showing as diabled do I allocated the respective drive to it?

(Screen shot attached).

Sorry, just want to be safe than sorry and avoid any data loss.

Thanks.

Al

Capture.JPG

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] New Parity disk replacement identified a fault with a disk in array.