ASUS ROG Maximus Gene VIII audio?

Hi there, I’ve got an ASUS motherboard with onboard audio and I’m not sure where to begin with detecting and configuring the onboard audio. Searching for audio support for unraid beings up a lot of support help relating to virtualization.  I’m interested in that too but first I need to get the native audio system working.  Any pointers to relevant documentation or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks for reading.

here is my motherboard manual:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_GENE/E10484_MAXIMUS_VIII_GENE_UM_WEB.pdf

which says the following about audio:

FB499DC9-CA0C-4D91-A93A-4ADEFB203A9D.jpeg

1 hour ago, chronocide said:

Ah, perhaps I have simply misunderstood.

How does the Audacity Docker container work? As I understand this, Docker containers don't participate in the whole pass-through hardware mechanism - is that wrong?

I'm not aware of anyone running an audacity container on Unraid, perhaps you could post in the support for that specific app?

Containers don't really use pass through in the same sense as a VM, but they can utilize resources that have drivers and are mapped from the host.