Some or all files unprotected - Normal operation on all disks

polygon

I have setup Unraid (currently on a trial key, v.6.9.2).

I have two disks, one cache and one parity.

In my 'Shares' tab, I have a few shares that do not use the Cache. Two of these (Documents and Media) show the warning that some or all files are unprotected. I can understand this warning for the shares using the cache, as there is only a single cache disk. But the other drives should only be on disks with a parity.

Where can I find more information on this warning, and how can I fix it?

1CuQ0UC.png

34 minutes ago, polygon said:

Where can I find more information on this warning, and how can I fix it?

Hi, your diagnostics could probably confirm this but I think that you have files on a single drive cache pools (no redundancy).

You can also confirm that by hitting Compute for the specific shares or Compute all at the bottom.

Once that is confirm, we can guide you to correct that if and where it is required.

It looks like you're right. The Media and Documents folder have 0B on the cache disk. Do you have any idea what might be causing that? Seeing as the cache isn't enabled for those devices.

It may or may not be related, but I just found that my cache disk has become read only. I am currently going through steps to resolve this.

Screenshot_20211122_200206.png

I've spent some time today and managed to get it up and running 'stably' for an hour.

I wiped and re-setup the cache drive after replacing the SATA cable (as recommended here).

After doing that I copied the data back over to the re-formatted cache. In this case, the warning still appeared by the drives that didn't use the cache. After removing the empty folders on the cache, the warnings went away.

If I don't post anything further then this was hopefully just an anomaly that I ran into during my setup and this issue is resolved.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, polygon said:

Do you have any idea what might be causing that?

Probably some empty folder.

If you know how to work with disks directly (command line, midnight commander for example) you can simply remove those from cache.

If not you can use the mover. Set the shares to Yes, run the mover and once it is OK, set the shares back as you want.

I notice that your system share is set to Prefer but has files on the Array.

You should go to Settings, deactivate both Docker and VM manager. The run the mover. The reactivate the services again.