Docker networking question - cannot access LAN

Ystebad

I tried to make this as clear as I could , but it's a bit confusing, if you know docker networking though I'd really appreciate the help!

Here is my problem as I see it:    My dockers using custom IP networking cannot connect to the bridge or vice versa but the dockers using custom IP can see each other.

My details / testing:

Docker1 (Sabnzb) is custom network and setting a fixed IP on my LAN. 

Docker2 (Sonarr) is using bridge within unraid 

Docker3 (Plex) is using a custom network and fixed IP on my LAN

Computer1 is separate machine from unraid server, running on same LAN

Since ping can't check ports and docker doesn't have telnet so I've used curl IP:port to check connectivity to a bridged docker, NC for the computer (mac) and ping when checking IP to IP without port.

Computer1 can access -all- dockers.  Using NC/curl I see that the port 8090 on docker1 is open.

Docker1 cannot reach docker2 (curl: (7) Failed to connect to 10.0.0.11 port 8989 after 3068 ms: No route to host)

Docker1 can reach docker 3

Docker1 can reach computer1

Docker2 cannot reach docker1 (ping returns:  icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable), (curl: (7) Failed to connect to 10.0.0.15 port 8080 after 2149 ms: No route to host)

Docker2 can reach docker3

Docker2 can reach computer

Docker3 can reach docker1

Docker3 cannot reach docker2 (same error as docker1 above)

Docker3 can reach computer

How do I fix this?

addendum: Router has VPN set for Docker1 WAN access and WAN port forwarding for Docker3.  I don't think this affects anything above since I'm working on LAN, but I suppose I might be wrong.

Edited by Ystebad
addendum
10 minutes ago, Ystebad said:

My dockers using custom IP networking cannot connect to the bridge or vice versa

By default in Docker, there is no communication between docker containers and the host (bridge or host).

Have you tried enabling Host access to custom networks in Docker settings?

image.png.f8cc8fd10061335e349035fbb09170ab.png

Edited by Hoopster
On 11/22/2021 at 4:55 PM, Hoopster said:

By default in Docker, there is no communication between docker containers and the host (bridge or host).

Have you tried enabling Host access to custom networks in Docker settings?

image.png.f8cc8fd10061335e349035fbb09170ab.png

I have not.  I read somewhere that host access to docker and vice versa was prohibited for security reasons so I'm a little unsure at this point what to do.

Maybe there is a better way of doing what I'm trying to do - I want to be able to send port forwarding to some dockers (i.e. plex) and have others go out over my VPN.  Since my router can assign vpn by IP I was assuming getting a separate IP for each docker that needed special attention was the best way to go, but maybe not.