GUI unresponsive after parity drive replace and build

dreamsy

Hi, 

I've replaced a parity drive in my unraid machine and rebuild was all going smoothly but then the gui became unresponsive. The last status I saw was 99.9% and I believe it completed. The shares, Dockers, Vms are all responsive.

I need some help in what I should do, I do not want to restart in case it still doing something in the background.

I'd post the diagnostics but unfortunately don't know how without the gui (will search if there is another way). 

Thanks.

nasbox2-diagnostics-20211123-1105.zip

Edited by dreamsy

Just some things I notice in your diagnostics, unlikely to be the cause of your issue.

ssd_pool is nearly full, but has no Minimum Free set.

appdata and domains are set to prefer ssd_pool, but have some files on cache. Maybe that's intentional since ssd_pool is nearly full.

system share is on the array instead of on a pool. This share has your docker.img (container executables) and libvirt.img. These files are always open when Docker or VM Manager is enabled in Settings. You want system share on pool so dockers/VMs performance won't be impacted by slower array, and so these open files will not keep array disks spinning.

These latest diagnostics don't have any remote mounts. Couldn't see if there were any in the earlier diagnostics since df was empty. Did you have anything mounted remote in Unassigned Devices then?

Thanks for the tips.

There was some junk on ssd_pool that I could delete so that will free up some space.

I've started to move the systems folder to one of the ssd_pool.

I've got nothing mounted remote on unassigned devices. I have the Array and Pool devices, with only the flash drive in the unassgned devices (except for he old parity drive which will soon go into the pool). Hopefully this answers your question.

6 hours ago, dreamsy said:

System is running fine now. 

The old parity drive has been added to the pool and I've made some changes suggested here.

Thanks for the help.

Since you have a previous parity drive in a data slot, be sure to delete all flash drive backups that referenced that drive as parity, and create new flash drive backups. If you were to accidentally restore one of the previous backups you would lose data when the system tried to build parity on your data drive.

21 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Since you have a previous parity drive in a data slot, be sure to delete all flash drive backups that referenced that drive as parity, and create new flash drive backups. If you were to accidentally restore one of the previous backups you would lose data when the system tried to build parity on your data drive.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't have done another backup - not realising that I had to.

Also, on the USB issue - I have 2 physical usbs plugged in (one was hiding behind the other so did not spot it).