Two Drives Disabled (1 Parity and 1 Storage)

Swatseal
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

In the past week, I have had two drives become disabled in the Array. These are two of my newest drives (less than a year) and I've tried some of the rudimentary troubleshooting I know how to do. I've reseated the HBA card, took a look at the breakout cables that appear normal, SMART test on both look normal to me, and xfs_repair in maintenance mode doesn't return anything I can see. Am I missing any troubleshooting I should check and what would be the best way to go about repairing the one drive and the parity? If I need to stop the array, remove the disk, restart the array, stop and reset the drive as parity, will I run into issues since another drive has the same issue?

nasa-diagnostics-20211122-2240.zip

• Solution

Emulated disk12 is mounted so repair shouldn't be necessary. SMART for both disabled disks looks OK though neither have had extended SMART tests done.

Since you rebooted before getting diagnostics syslog reset so can't see what might have caused them to become disabled.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

With dual parity you can rebuild 2 drives at once.