Would Cyberpower Value Pro VP1000ELCD be a good UPS?

Mihle

8 hours ago, doesntaffect said:

Sure. I am using a ValuePRO VP700ELCD Green Power UPS 700VA/390W. With the current draw of 95 - 110W in average in provides 30mins of coverage - that’s enough to safely shutdown my host. I am using the UPS since a year and had no issue so far. With the USB Deamon you can monitor draw / backup time from within the UnRaid GUI. 

Nice! The 1000VA one would probably be overkill then, my NAS average load unless I do something that loads it right there is less than 80W

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

The 1000VA one would probably be overkill then,

Depends.

Ideally you want a full shutdown before the UPS batteries are 50%, deep discharges tend to kill battery longevity, and if you start back up thinking the outage is over and the power goes right back out you want a good margin. Typically recharge times are 10X runtime, so if you ran on batteries for 10 minutes it may be 2 hours or more before the batteries are fully topped off again.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Depends.

Ideally you want a full shutdown before the UPS batteries are 50%, deep discharges tend to kill battery longevity, and if you start back up thinking the outage is over and the power goes right back out you want a good margin. Typically recharge times are 10X runtime, so if you ran on batteries for 10 minutes it may be 2 hours or more before the batteries are fully topped off again.

28 minutes ago, doesntaffect said:

For environments with unstable grid I‘d go with the larger one. For Central Europe, where I live, a small UPS is fine. No outage since years… knocking on wood.

I dont really have many power outages, for a two month period it was much more than usual at about once every two weeks. Usually its like once every year at maximum, usually less. Never had more than once on one day.

• 5 months later...