(SOLVED) XFS CRC error on cache drive. Drive unmountable

I wanted to see if I could turn on SAM for my GPU and after a reboot of the system, my vitual machines wouldn't load. They also could not be deleted. I did another reboot and then my cache drive was suddenly unmountable. 

The text on my display at boot says that it found a CRC error and has unmounted the drive. It also recommends an XFS repair. I found this topic: 

and tried some of the steps but with no luck. 

Here are the diagnostic files: tower-diagnostics-20211124-1242.zip

I clicked on the cache drive in the UI and then ran this:

image.thumb.png.e9194f4f5d63057e20821e5dfcc25316.png

It doesn't tell me what to do now but I also can't mount it. I did try a step with -L in it according to the other topic. Can anyone help me? I would hate to have to reinstall everything on that drive. 

7 minutes ago, workermaster said:

It doesn't tell me what to do now but I also can't mount it. I did try a step with -L in it according to the other topic. Can anyone help me? I would hate to have to reinstall everything on that drive. 

If you look at the last line it is telling you that it is going to do nothing unless you remove the -n option and run the xfs_repair again.   No obvious errors are being reported so it is highly likely the repair will fix things without any data loss.

After doing so you should stop the array and restart in normal mode.   I would expect the drive to now mount cleanly and all the data on it be intact.   Having said that you might want to check for a Lost+Found folder as that is where the repair process puts any files for which it could not find directory information - I suspect you will not have this folder.

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you look at the last line it is telling you that it is going to do nothing unless you remove the -n option and run the xfs_repair again.   No obvious errors are being reported so it is highly likely the repair will fix things without any data loss.

After doing so you should stop the array and restart in normal mode.   I would expect the drive to now mount cleanly and all the data on it be intact.   Having said that you might want to check for a Lost+Found folder as that is where the repair process puts any files for which it could not find directory information - I suspect you will not have this folder.

Thanks. I just did that and the drive has come online.

The drive is back online and all Docker containers start without any problems. 

My backup and gameserver VM also start but I am having trouble with my gaming (daily driver) VM. Everytime that one starts, Unraid crashes and reboots. I suspect this has something to do with me turning on SAM in the motherboard BIOS. I am going to test a few things and report back here later today to let you know for sure if everything is working again. 

• workermaster changed the title to (SOLVED) XFS CRC error on cache drive. Drive unmountable