drives not spinning down after upgrading to 6.9.2

optiman

After upgrading to 6.9.2, I've noticed that my drives do not spin down like they should.  Sometimes they will spin down, or some of the drives will spin down, but as of about a one week ago - most of the time they do not spin down.   I'm running the same 5 dockers as I've been for a long time.  I've made no other changes to my system.   I do not run any VM's and there is nothing using my server that requires the drives to remain spun up.  I've been on 6.9.2 for about a month and I only noticed the drive won't spin down issue about a week ago.  I do not know if this issue is related to the upgrade, so I'm posting here in General Support.

I confirmed that Disk Settings is still set to spin down after 45 minutes.

I don't see anything in my syslog related to this issue.

diag file attached

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20211125-0835.zip

no, I was on 6.8.3 before upgrading to 6.9.2  So I just used the Upgrade OS tool to rollback.  

However, no sooner than I posted here, I noticed that some of my shares are missing and my docker won't start.

I found in another thread to check folder permissions for /mnt/user and it indeed has the wrong permissions.  I'm trying to fix that right now.

Is there a issue going back to 6.8.3?  Should I, and how do I get to 6.9.1?  The GUI only offers the latest version.

ok, how can I do that?  The GUI offers 6.9.2 only.

Will upgrading to 6.9.1 also fix the mnt/user permissions and the fact that some of my shares are missing and not accessible? 

BTW, I don't see any Cache issues.  What do you mean re-assign cache?

Edited by optiman