Unraid Cyber Monday Sale

SpencerJ

Let me also chime in here- I'm on my 30day free trial and a member of the forum. I had no idea about this deal until it was over.

The unRAID folks really need to do better with promotions- why a mass email to all registered/forum members wasn't sent out is a mystery to me.

Because of this I'm seriously considering using another software nas system.

6 hours ago, HDGuy said:

why a mass email to all registered/forum members wasn't sent out is a mystery to me.

Probably because most people would consider that as unsolicited email if it was not opt-in ? I probably would.

There is an opt-in newsletter where the information was provided:

On 11/30/2021 at 2:33 PM, ChatNoir said:

But I guess it could be promoted better ?

I think there was something also on the Youtube page (Uncast), probably on Reddit, Discord and Twitter too ?

You can also follow the Announcement sub-forum to receive an email for each new Thread.

5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Probably because most people would consider that as unsolicited email if it was not opt-in ? I probably would.

There is an opt-in newsletter where the information was provided:

But I guess it could be promoted better ?

I think there was something also on the Youtube page (Uncast), probably on Reddit, Discord and Twitter too ?

You can also follow the Announcement sub-forum to receive an email for each new Thread.

I don't use any of those things (I'm old), and I wouldn't mind receiving one "unsolicited" email if I was saving 20%.

How am I supposed to look for information on something I have no idea exists in the first place?

1 hour ago, ezhik said:

Extending the offer might be a tough sell, this is the first time EVER a sale was done by Limetech. Mind you, the package is already as good as it gets - this is a LIFETIME license for a solution that is evolving so much.

If that's the case, they should have done a better job promoting it. I noticed it a few hours after the sale was over.

As a potential new user it does not inspire me as far as their organization goes. I mean I'm still in the 30day trial period- you would think I'd be one of the first people they'd want to know about the sale.

Edited by HDGuy
  • Like 1
On 12/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, HDGuy said:

If that's the case, they should have done a better job promoting it. I noticed it a few hours after the sale was over.

As a potential new user it does not inspire me as far as their organization goes. I mean I'm still in the 30day trial period- you would think I'd be one of the first people they'd want to know about the sale.

If you are not subscribed to any mail-lists, then how would they reach you? This sale was posted on several forums and reddit - not sure there is much more you can do. You are also missing the point that this solution has been in development for over year 10 years and this is the first time EVER they had a sale. Your blame "they should have done a better job" is uncalled for.

This is community driven solution and we all contribute here, let's not be toxic.

Source:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Legacy/Releases

1 hour ago, ezhik said:

If you are not subscribed to any mail-lists, then how would they reach you? This sale was posted on several forums and reddit - not sure there is much more you can do. You are also missing the point that this solution has been in development for over year 10 years and this is the first time EVER they had a sale. Your blame "they should have done a better job" is uncalled for.

This is community driven solution and we all contribute here, let's not be toxic.

Source:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Legacy/Releases

So being "toxic" is asking for them to make their one and only sale ever better known?

How was I supposed to even know about the mail lists? I'm a newbie, just signed up less than 30days ago. I'll probably buy in, but if I had known about the sale I probably would have spent more.

Edited by HDGuy
22 minutes ago, HDGuy said:

So being "toxic" is asking for them to make their one and only sale ever better known?

How was I supposed to even know about the mail lists? I'm a newbie, just signed up less than 30days ago. I'll probably buy in, but if I had known about the sale I probably would have spent more.

Maybe toxic wasn't the right choice of words, but you haven't proposed a solution either? What advise would you give developers to promote their product better? I just get a cringe every time I hear' should do better', without actual strategy or proposal for how this could be done better. Solutions, and not criticism, change the world for the better :) !!!

Edited by ezhik
13 minutes ago, ezhik said:

Maybe toxic wasn't the right choice of words, but you haven't proposed a solution either? What advise would you give developers to promote their product better? I just get a cringe every time I hear' should do better', without actual strategy or proposal for how this could be done better. Solutions, and not criticism, change the world for the better :) !!!

Im not the developer- as I said I’m new to this. I don’t know, how do other companies promote their products? As a potential new customer who already signed up for the trial it irks me when I find out I missed a one and only sale just a few hours after it’s over. Everywhere I read (including this forum and Reddit) said UnRaid never did sales, so I didn’t think to look.

I’ll wait for the New Year’s sale I guess. : p

Edited by HDGuy
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, HDGuy said:

Im not the developer- as I said I’m new to this. I don’t know, how do other companies promote their products? As a potential new customer who already signed up for the trial it irks me when I find out I missed a one and only sale just a few hours after it’s over. Everywhere I read (including this forum and Reddit) said UnRaid never did sales, so I didn’t think to look.

I’ll wait for the New Year’s sale I guess. : p

I hear you mate, it sucks... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hopefully we'll see something on Boxing Day... *cough* @limetech *cough*