Problems Downloading / Installing Apps etc

Squid

Unraid / Docker Newbie here. 

My unRaid server connects to the internet just fine.  Unraid Connect is installed and works just fine.  I'm able to download and install plugins.  

However, I cannot install apps/containers into Docker. I keep getting "no such host" errors and the install(s) fails. 

(Error message and sys logs appended below and diagnostics attached)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

12/23 Update:

Apparently this a DNS settings issue and adding two external public DNS servers in Network Settings fixed the problem. 🙂 

Per Unraid support:

In Unraid Network Settings

(1) Enable Static DNS addresses
(2) Add as #1 DNS: 208.67.222.222
(3) Add as #2 DNS: 208.67.220.220

12/21 Update:

I don't know if enabling IP6 is a solution, workaround, or it coincidentally resets something, but I enabled IP6 on my router, then selected "IP4 & IP6" in my Unraid network settings.  As of now, it did the trick and Docker can now pull down what it needs from the internet.  🙂 

---------------------------------------

12/19 Update:

I did a clean re-install of unraid on my computer to ensure all the defaults were set correctly.   All internet connections outside of docker work normally.  But when I go to install a docker container, the error I'm getting is "no such host".     See the full sample error message below.

docker run
  -d
  --name='Home-Assistant-Container'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="SVR1"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="Home-Assistant-Container"
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8123]'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/balloob/unraid-docker-templates/master/balloob/home-assistant-icon.png'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Home-Assistant-Container':'/config':'rw' 'ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable'

Unable to find image 'ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: Head "https://ghcr.io/v2/home-assistant/home-assistant/manifests/stable": Get "https://ghcr.io/token?scope=repository%3Ahome-assistant%2Fhome-assistant%3Apull&service=ghcr.io": dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io on 192.168.200.1:53: no such host.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

svr1-diagnostics-20231219-2222.zip

Edited by CCWeb
Added Unraid's suggested solution
  • 1 month later...

A couple of weeks ago, my UNRAID installation started giving me trouble.  The first symptom was that connections to the UNRAID server using Wireguard just stopped working.  Of note, I have recently changed my router to a Google Nest Wifi Pro 6E, however everything worked fine for a few weeks after I switched routers.  I also recently performed an update to 6.12.6 from something in the 6.11.8 range.  I do not remember if everything ever worked correctly once I got on 6.12.6.  I never could get Wireguard working, so I clicked on APPS to look for an alternative to Wireguard for VPN access.  That is when I saw the "Download of appfeed failed" message shown below.

I have enabled DHCP as well as set my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, and my router's IP address in UNRAID.  I have also noticed that Docker is not displaying the version/whether each container is up-to-date. 

I have one VM running, and it does have internet connectivity, for what it's worth.

Any help would be appreciated.

unraid-diagnostics-20240122-2007.zip

Edited by d_freshmaker
  • 4 weeks later...