Greenleaf Technology (pre-built unRAID servers)

Fqa69m3.png

Greenleaf Technology is open for business!  Please visit our website:

www.greenleaf-technology.com

We are currently offering server designs ranging from the small form factor Mini Servers, stylish Tower Servers, and massive Rackmount Servers.

All prices include an unRAID license.  All hard drives are sold separately.  Shipping ranges from free to $75 within the continental US. If you are outside the continental US and are interested in a server, please contact us and we will consider the request individually.

All of our servers are thoroughly tested before shipping.  We offer a limited 90 day warranty.

In addition to selling servers, we will also contribute to the unRAID community through our Greenleaf Blog.  We will continually add new information, hardware reviews, and tutorials that will both inform and entertain the unRAID enthusiast.  If you have an idea for a Blog post that you would like to see us write, we would love to hear it!  Please contact us with your idea.

Greenleaf Technology is a collaboration between prostuff1 and myself (Rajahal).  While we both volunteer as moderators on these forums, we have no official affiliation with LimeTech.  All unRAID software licenses are purchased through LimeTech and registered to the customer's name.

Thank you, and I couldn't agree more :D

We decided it would be fun to offer a discount to all of you who have been patiently waiting for us to go live, so here it is:

The first 10 orders will receive $25 off with the discount code EARLYADOPTER.  This promo code expires April 30th.

Promo expired...but it won't be the last.

• 1 month later...

thats good to hear, i was looking at your site and it list's a Hitachi 7200RPM 2TB Hard Drive for $130.00 but it doesnt list what model and on newegg i found http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145298 for $119.00 free shipping and the 64mb cache is 119.99 shipping is 4.99 = 124.98. wich is still cheaper even tho they dont do a preclear for you and the prices change all the time was just seeing if you would match there prices. i live in NY and newegg ships to me in 3 days and a day to preclear the drive and i thought i read some where (dont quote me on this) that you live in las vegas and shipping time is 4 days so i lose a day ether way but then i can just put in my server with no down time

You're not just buying a drive,

You're buying a service and quality control.

You're buying 40+ hours of someone else's time burning in, preclearing and testing. You're buying the peace of mind of not dealing with  a bunch of defective drives from the monsters (newegg or bigbox) that care less about quallity...  not dealing with RMA's and Downtime waiting for replacements.

Whats Your time worth?

25 cents an hour for someone else to do the grunt work? Sounds good to me personally.

@raj.

Good luck on your endeavour....

Edited

Our intention in offering hard drives through our website is to offer the option of purchasing a server with drives that are already precleared, preinstalled, and preconfigured to be used in shares and add-ons.  We charge (on average) $10 above the Newegg price for a hard drive to account for the extra time and testing we put into them.  We aren't against the idea of selling precleared drives by themselves, but that is not our primary goal.  The 2 TB Hitachi 7200 rpm drives we offer are the 7K2000 model, the same one you linked at Newegg.  The 2 TB Hitachi CoolSpin drives are the 5K3000 model.

Simply put, we will not match Newegg's price but always charge $10 on top of it.  At this time we also charge for shipping for all of our products, so purchasing hard drives through us will not save you money, but they will save you time and potential hassle.  As Johnm said, you are paying for GreenLeaf service and for our guarantee that the drives will be trustworthy.

Also, Greenleaf Technology's headquarters is located in Reno, NV.  We have no branch in Las Vegas.

Johnm: Thank you for the kind words.

@johnm when i asked this it wasn't to you and i guess you took it the wrong way or i didn't pick my words right, i know your paying for a service and if i understand this right raj when the hard drives go down in price to lets say $90 you will be at $100? thats what i meant by matching prices. i don't want to turn this into a flam post or if this is the wrong place to talk about this topic please let me know.

...when the hard drives go down in price to lets say $90 you will be at $100?...

Correct.  We aim to charge about $10 above Newegg's retail price.  Of course we may not match every sale, rebate, etc., but we will at least match their retail price in the sense that you intended.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rajahal - I'm impressed with your product range and the website. Very well designed and decently priced.

Just had a quick question, noticed that all of your servers have a PRO (USB 3.0) version available, question is does unRaid support USB 3.0 are there any linux specific drivers that needs to be installed for it to work at Super speed specs.

My MoBo has USB 3.0 ports and I have USB 3.0 external drives, would be great if they do work at Superspeed transfer rates, would even beat gigabit, and that would be my method of choice it is already on my windows machines.

Rajahal - I'm impressed with your product range and the website. Very well designed and decently priced.

Just had a quick question, noticed that all of your servers have a PRO (USB 3.0) version available, question is does unRaid support USB 3.0 are there any linux specific drivers that needs to be installed for it to work at Super speed specs.

My MoBo has USB 3.0 ports and I have USB 3.0 external drives, would be great if they do work at Superspeed transfer rates, would even beat gigabit, and that would be my method of choice it is already on my windows machines.

Thank you! In response to your question, all Linux kernels since 2.6.31 have USB 3.0 support (see here). unRAID currently uses newer versions of the Linux kernel and therefore should have all the requisite drivers. However, as unRAID doesn't support USB devices in the array (with the exception of the USB flash drive), you will need to mount the external drive with unMenu or the SNAP add-on in order to access its data.  We believe that USB 3.0 is a great way to migrate your data from an external hard drive into the unRAID array and for making off-site backups, but we don't recommend it for long-term use as all data on the external hard drive will not be parity-protected.

• 3 months later...

New Defcon Special build (finally) posted!

16 Drive Defcon Build

P83rLz32zRKKzranb4Md8XxOmCgrfecwH445dQQX3hGmSczg8fs46ZWjGg9KRYsTR.jpg

This is our beefiest server yet, sporting a Quad Core Xeon CPU, Intel server motherboard, and 4 GB of RAM right out of the box. There's also two optional 2.5" bays (bringing the total to 18 drives) for your cache and apps SSDs! Based on enterprise-quality Rackable Systems hardware, these servers lived a former life in Amazon's data centers running their EC2 cloud service!

• 9 years later...
3 hours ago, smino said:

Any Pre-built unraid systems with both 10GBethernet and 1 Gige and ECC ram?

8 bays would do. Preferable on board nvme for cache.

I normally would build it myself, just struggle with free time.

I have the drives for it already. Nice Toshiba 14TB NAS drives.

We do not currently offer anything with 10Gig Ethernet built into the motherboard but if you have a specific build in mind feel free to drop us an email .  If you have certain hardware in mind put it in the email and I would be more than happy to discuss a custom build to meet your needs.

The builds on the website are out of date, I am working on a new website so the custom server email form is the best way to get the build you need and want.

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2021 at 5:33 PM, prostuff1 said:

We do not currently offer anything with 10Gig Ethernet built into the motherboard but if you have a specific build in mind feel free to drop us an email .  If you have certain hardware in mind put it in the email and I would be more than happy to discuss a custom build to meet your needs.

The builds on the website are out of date, I am working on a new website so the custom server email form is the best way to get the build you need and want.

Any update on the new website for prebuilt unRAID servers?