Remote unraid backup server

a.buono

Hi everyone, first time posting here so hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I'm still pretty new to Unraid and the entire home lab game however what was just a learning environment and a bit of fun is now becoming something i am more and more reliant on. For this reason i need to evaluate a good backup solution. 

I live in Australia however am now in Italy to visit family and thought why not take the opportunity to set-up a server in my parents house where i can backup my important data to? So i now have 2 servers, one in Australia that is running all my applications and one in italy which i will use for backup. I have been using wiregard VPN for remote access to my server and im pretty happy with it so i think i will configure a client on the italian server.

Would be great to here opinion from more experienced users on how you would set this up and what applications  you would choose to manage backups.