Aussie based new build

Elminster

Hi,

I am hoping for some community advice and/or affirmation around my parts list for a UnRaid build I have planned here in Australia.

Part availability is difficult here so I am not able to get everything I might like but I believe I can source all the parts on the list below which I would be very grateful for those who are more experienced than I to comment on.

The purpose of my build will be to do the following:

- run home assistant along with many containers to facilitate that like mqtt, deconz, mariadb, grafana, influxdb etc

- run my plex container

- run a couple of VMs for photo and video editing

I currently run all this on a QNAP but I would like to retire that and move to unraid.

I have decided to go down the ECC route but I think the mobo is no good as it says "Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)" not sure what the alternative for me here in AU is given I also want to have 3x m.2 in order to run unraid and cache - suggests welcome on this and I wonder whether I need a more beefy PSU and whether the cooler will be too large.

CPU - INTEL XEON W-1290

Mobo - ASRock Z590 Steel Legend Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard

Case - SILVERSTONE RM41-506

RAM - Crucial CT32G4SFD8266 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 SODIMM (x2)

GPU - integrated for now, upgrade later

HBA - SilverStone ECS06 6 Port SATA3 PCIe Controller

Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 (too big?)

Paste - Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound

Storage - Samsung 500GB 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD (x3)

Rail Kit - SilverStone SST-RMS06-22 RMS06 22 Rail Kit for RM41 506 RM41 H08 4U Chassis

PSU - SilverStone Strider ST75F-PB 750W 80 Plus Bronze Fully Modular Power Supply

I'm thinking now that I should change up my Controller and purchase this one instead:

SilverStone ECS05 RAID SAS/SATA Controller Card

This is an 8 channel controller which would let me use my 4x WD Red SATA 2TB drives now and then upgrade those to larger capacity SAS later. I'd need to think about my upgrade path is all.

I think I can use my two existing M.2 drives from the QNAP for cache as well those are WDS500G2B0B-00YS70 (500GB) so that lowers that costs a little.