Max Watches 'fs.inotify.max_user_watches'

I have been reading and wrapping my brain trying to to change the Max Watches 'fs.inotify.max_user_watches' variable. I started trying to use the terminal using the following command:

sudo sh
echo  fs.inotify.max_user_watches=4194304  >> /etc/sysctl.conf
sysctl -p

This ended up just adding fs.inotify.max_user_watches=4194304 to the sysctl.conf and did not replace the variable. After reading a bunch of forum posts regarding the issue I was directed towards using the "tips and tweaks" plugin. Setting this variable to 4194304 did not actually change anything. I also tried 999999, 1048576, and 2097152. Realizing I needed to probably restart the server for the changes to take effect I restarted. I am still showing the default value in the terminal and tips and tweaks.

image.thumb.png.76bceed2910638869ffbcf83c2baea4d.png

Here is my original post on the Plex Linux Docker:

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex/issues/291

Any assistance would be appreciated!

diagnostics-20211130-0645.zip

Edited by ItsRaining

To my understanding changing it for the host changes the value for all the containers. As the container pulls this value from the host. I do not understand why I am unable to change the value for the host even using vi. I will submit my forth post to the tips and tweaks support thread. Hopefully they can help.

Edited by ItsRaining