[SUPPORT] SmartPhoneLover - Mayan EDMS

mayan-edms2_200x200.png

This docker template was created based on an already official available docker image

Forum: https://forum.mayan-edms.com/

Documentation: https://docs.mayan-edms.com/index.html

DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/r/mayanedms/mayanedms

GitHub: https://github.com/mayan-edms/Mayan-EDMS
GitLab: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms

My Repository: https://github.com/SmartPhoneLover/unraid-docker-templates

DESCRIPTION

Mayan EDMS, often simply "Mayan", is an electronic document management system with an emphasis on automation.

As a document manager its main purpose is to store, introspect, and categorize files, with a strong emphasis on preserving the contextual and business information of documents. It also provide means to ease retrieval, as requested by users or other software applications, be it those on the same computer or those running on another computer across a network (including the Internet). It can handle workloads ranging from small single-machine applications to large enterprise applications with many concurrent users. It can also OCR, preview, label, sign, send, and receive documents. Other features of interest are its workflow system, role based access control, and REST API.

NOTES
• The program has a built-in SQLite DB (embedded), but if you're going to use it for production it's highly recommended to connect it to an external DB, such as: MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL (and others). By default, if no database is configured to connect to the Mayan EDMS instance, it will use the integrated one.
• The default credentials are auto-generated when the container gets built. Just open WebUI and you will see them up.

VERSION
1.0 (2021-12-01)

If you are going to report a bug or request something to be added/modified, please, take into consideration that I will only be able to apply changes for the work I own only. For example, if I create a docker template for an already existing docker image (not created by me), I won't be able to do more for that image than forward your report or request to the owner of the project.

If you like my work, please consider making a little donation.

- DONATE -

Thank you very much 🙂

Edited by SmartPhoneLover
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, hangfly said:

Use simple deployment just to test out, but can not see any of the uploaded documents.

Same here. I've created the cabinet, source and document types. I see the documents after dropping them, but when I try to interact with them, they disappear and I get a pop-up notice that says 'new document queued for upload /will be available shortly', but I can't find any queue or otherwise locate them. I did not set up a separate database or set the optional folders during install.

• 4 weeks later...

What a shame; I'm having same issues

On 1/12/2022 at 1:50 AM, blujaded said:

Same here. I've created the cabinet, source and document types. I see the documents after dropping them, but when I try to interact with them, they disappear and I get a pop-up notice that says 'new document queued for upload /will be available shortly', but I can't find any queue or otherwise locate them. I did not set up a separate database or set the optional folders during install.

And another one here. Same problem as you pal.

This is a very promising docker but needs some extra tunning.

• 1 month later...

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem. In der Konfigurationsdatei sind noch einige Dinge einzustellen damit es richtig funktioniert. 

Ich habe es hinbekommen, dass die Dateien nach dem upload angezeigt werden. Danach muss man noch einstellen dass die Dateien als preview erscheinen. Die OCR Erkennung funktioniert aber noch nicht. Ich melde mich sobald ich dass auch noch geschafft habe und schreibe euch was ihr in der Konfigurationsdatei einstellen müsst.

Edited by JayB031180
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am trying to use Mayan EDMS with MySQL. But everytime Mayan tries to initalize the database it throws the following error:

django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1005, 'Can\'t create table `maya`.`documents_documentversion` (errno: 121 "Duplicate key on write or update")')

MariaDB runs in version 10.7.3.

Any ideas how to fix that?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, like all the other people I have two problems.

1) The message "A new document queued for download/will be available shortly".
On this point the download is well done because if we go to the following directory (by default) /mnt/user/appdata/mayan-edms/shared-files we can see the files appear. I think the problem comes from the fact that it does not register in the database which takes me to point number 2

2) The message "Your database server is configured to use SQLite. SQLite should only be used for development and testing purposes, not in production"

So I switched to the MariaDB engine. To do this, you must pass the container variable "Network Type" to Custom then modify the following file (by default): /mnt/user/appdata/mayan-edms/config.yml
Modify the following values:

DATABASES = {
'default': {
'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql', (replace postgres with mysql)
'NAME': 'name_of_the_database',
'USER': 'database_user',
'PASSWORD': 'database_password',
'HOST': 'ip_address_of_the_database',
'PORT': '3306',
}
}

At this time in the logs we can see the initialization of the tables but an error occurs: Can\'t create table `maya`.`documents_documentversion`
The table is well created in MariaDB but the error persists. By manually deleting the table and relaunching the container, still the same problem... Any idea how to unblock the situation? Thank you all!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Bonjour, comme toutes les autres personnes je rencontre deux problèmes.

1) Le message "Un nouveau document en file d'attente pour le téléchargement/sera disponible sous peu".

Sur ce point le téléchargement est bien effectué car si l'on ce rend dans le répertoire suivant (par defaut) /mnt/user/appdata/mayan-edms/shared-files on voit bien les fichier apparaître. Je pense que le problème vient du fait qu'il ne s'enregistre pas en base de données ce qui m'emmène au point numéro 2

2) Le message "Votre serveur de base de données est configuré pour utiliser SQLite. SQLite ne devrait être utilisé qu'à des fins de développement et de test, pas en production"

Je suis donc passé sur le moteur MariaDB. Pour cela il faut passer la variable du container "Network Type" en Custom puis modifier le fichier suivant (par defaut) : /mnt/user/appdata/mayan-edms/config.yml

Modifier les valeur suivantes :

DATABASES = {

'default': {

'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql', (remplacer postgres par mysql)

'NAME': 'nom_de_la_base_de_donnee',

'USER': 'utilisateur_de_la_base_de_donnee',

'PASSWORD': 'mot_de_passe_de_la_base_de_donnee',

'HOST': 'adresse_ip_de_la_base_de_donnee',

'PORT': '3306',

}

}

A ce moment la dans les logs on voit bien l'initialisation des tables mais une erreur survient : Can\'t create table `maya`.`documents_documentversion`

La table est bien crée dans MariaDB mais l'erreur persiste. En supprimant manuelle la table et en relançant le container toujours le même problème... Une idée de comment débloqué la situation ? Merci a tous !