Backup share and Nextcloud data to drive.

Mihle

So I want to have something that can backup both just shares, and data that Nextcloud has (MariaDB), both stored on array and in cache, whenever I press a button OR the drive get connected to the NAS. (Offline copy I would update every few months, store offsite maybe),

I tried searching the forum and google already, but didnt really find questions I was looking for, if anyone have links, feel free to share.

How would I go about doing that? rsync? Something else?

If script, is there some script that someone else have made that I can use and modify or something? I know nothing about rsync or scripts.

Just a normal share is probably the easiest, but Nextcloud that is its own thing and a database, I am guessing you cant just treat the same?
Would Nextcloud have to be not running while it is happening, if so, how?

Less important right now to answer: How would I Restore the Nextcloud part if I need to?

For reference, I can not just copy a hole drive, the drive I want to backup to is smaller than my other disk, but I dont feel I need to have an offline copy of everything.

Edited by Mihle
  • 3 months later...