[SUPPORT] SmartPhoneLover - Jellyfin (native image)

jellyfin_200x200.png

This docker template was created based on an already available official docker image

Documentation: https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/quick-start.html

GitHub: https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin

DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jellyfin/jellyfin

My Repository: https://github.com/SmartPhoneLover/unraid-docker-templates

DESCRIPTION

This is the a docker template, based on the official Jellyfin image (jellyfin/jellyfin), without modifications. Just in case you wanna try it and compare to the other ones available.

Jellyfin is the volunteer-built media solution that puts you in control of your media. Stream to any device from your own server, with no strings attached. Your media, your server, your way.

Jellyfin is a Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. It is an alternative to the proprietary Emby and Plex, to provide media from a dedicated server to end-user devices via multiple apps. Jellyfin is descended from Emby's 3.5.2 release and ported to the .NET Core framework to enable full cross-platform support. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas: just a team who want to build something better and work together to achieve it. We welcome anyone who is interested in joining us in our quest!

NOTES

• Native images (this case) not always are the best options. Other ones could have specific modifications that adds some features not yet implemented on the official, for example: 'linuxserver/jellyfin', which supports HW acceleration for installation in other plataforms, like: ARM devices. The final decsion is only yours.
• It's recommended to set all the library paths to 'Read Only' permission, just for security reasons. But, it's up to you.
• There are no predefined library paths that must be set to allow Jellyfin to detect media content, and there's no limit for the number of them. The user can create as many paths as libraries it could have to best organize the media.

VERSION
1.1 (2021-12-14)

If you are going to report a bug or request something to be added/modified, please, take into consideration that I will only be able to apply changes for the work I own only. For example, if I create a docker template for an already existing docker image (not created by me), I won't be able to do more for that image than forward your report or request to the owner of the project.

If you like my work, please consider making a little donation.

- DONATE -

Thank you very much 🙂

Edited by SmartPhoneLover
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there an updated guide for nvidia support?  I did a clean install after the ich777 was deprecated but I cannot figure out how to enable gpu transcoding with this build?

Update: Figured it out using SPACEINVADERONE tutorial for 3 additional parms in the docker container. The only thing still broken is Roku playback. I see a report of similar from someone else.

Edited by goldbondx
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

Im not sure what transcode options I should choose in jellyfin.

Sometimes I have problems to start a movie with my nvidia shield pro (2019).

Some movies is just loading forever and wont start. 

But everything is working fine when im looking on my computer. (Chrome)

I have a gtx 1660 super in my server and all my media is in .mkv h264 hevc SDR and HDR. Both 1080p and 4k

This is my current settings

image.thumb.png.75db502c32290d152f1cecfb9422b0d9.png

image.thumb.png.de83b44c57632f0a5a93f07550454058.png

image.thumb.png.5968b40516d98979682fde5f62961ea9.png

image.png.ac24a8e98c24919eaeefb9595d7086ef.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I have a weird problem with Jellyfin since I installed the latest update. Playing HEVC files directly without transcoding results in a glitch version. That is: The picture is pixelated, colors are wrong and sound and video are not synchronized. Playing the same files with transcoding works without any of these problems.

I have another version of Jellyfin installed and haven't updated it yet. With this version playing HEVC files direclty works without problems.

Has anyone any idea how to fix the problem?

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

I am looking for the /usr/share/jellyfin/web folder so I can make some customizations in it.

I have been looking for it in the appdata folder as well as in the container but couldn’t find it.

In other versions of the container(in the binhex one for instance) I could find it.

Can you please help!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 12:08 AM, mathgoy said:

Hi guys,

I am looking for the /usr/share/jellyfin/web folder so I can make some customizations in it.

I have been looking for it in the appdata folder as well as in the container but couldn’t find it.

In other versions of the container(in the binhex one for instance) I could find it.

Can you please help!

Thanks!

Did you ever manage to find it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...