Plex no longer able to find Library directory.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='Plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

3585b7b77c8ad63cba27468171f1fa21f78e0d35ec67fc359bf6f6af146b2b90

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

You only have a volume mapping for config (appdata), so the container can't see anything else on the host. It couldn't have been working like that before so what did you do to get to this state?

Do you understand docker mappings?

Plex was working fine and then one day I couldn't access it through the web UI anymore. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No, I do not understand docker mappings. I am tutorial dependent at this point.

3 minutes ago, bubbleman441 said:

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

You must not have used the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page to reinstall it, or it would have reinstalled it exactly as it was.

Guessing from your screenshots you probably had a mapping from /media to /mnt/user. You will have to add that mapping

41 minutes ago, trurl said:

You must not have used the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page to reinstall it, or it would have reinstalled it exactly as it was.

Guessing from your screenshots you probably had a mapping from /media to /mnt/user. You will have to add that mapping

No I didn't. I was completely unaware of that feature. So what am I mapping and how to I do it? I have my appdata on a separate SSD from my media on the array.

41 minutes ago, trurl said:

Edited by bubbleman441
1 hour ago, bubbleman441 said:

I have my appdata on a separate SSD from my media on the array.

I'm sure most people do since dockers perform better with appdata on fast storage. Your system share should also be on SSD for the same reason. Plus, these shares always have open files and will keep your array disks spunup if they are on the array.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Docker_Management

also

21 hours ago, Squid said:

Thanks for sending. I watched this and still cannot solve my issue. I have all the appdata available from Plex but it still cannot locate media even when I mapped the container to the folder containing my media shares that I want Plex to recognize again. Take a look at my "MUSIC" share for example. Why can't Plex detect this? What am I missing? Thanks for the help.

Screenshot from 2021-12-05 09-13-19-cropped.jpg

Screenshot from 2021-12-05 09-05-52-cropped.jpg

Screenshot from 2021-12-05 09-12-25-cropped.jpg

Screenshot from 2021-12-05 09-31-35-cropped.jpg

Edited by bubbleman441

You're missing it.  You've got a /media mapped to /mnt/user within Krusader's template, so you can access the files within that app

You don't have any additional paths set within Plex, therefore it has no access to any files on the server at all.

Add another path (there's a link at the bottom when you edit the template) and create a new mapping with host dir of /mnt/user and container dir of /media

Then you'll be able to access your files within /media when inside plex.

Think of mappings as a "shortcut".  Those shortcuts only exist if there's an explicit mapping done on the template and within the app whenever you see /media it gets translated to /mnt/user/...

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

You're missing it.  You've got a /media mapped to /mnt/user within Krusader's template, so you can access the files within that app

You don't have any additional paths set within Plex, therefore it has no access to any files on the server at all.

Add another path (there's a link at the bottom when you edit the template) and create a new mapping with host dir of /mnt/user and container dir of /media

Think of mappings as a "shortcut".  Those shortcuts only exist if there's an explicit mapping done on the template and within the app whenever you see /media it gets translated to /mnt/user/...

That was actually the template settings for Plex not Krusader. I solved it thanks for your time and help!

• 2 years later...
On 12/5/2021 at 12:35 PM, Squid said:

I am also having this same issue, I cannot access my shared within the plex docker.

the plex docker app does not see the media folder when set
/mnt/user/MEDIA/

When I load the docker and try to add a library, the dir is / 
which shows subfolders 

image.png.0694105746b0bfbb0a808af1ab834802.png

image.png.c7805e0c125e12875c2a2b28de731901.png

any ideas why plex is not seeing /mnt/user/MEDIA/ ?

docker run
  -d
  --name='Plex-Media-Server'
  --net='eth1'
  -e TZ="America/New_York"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="UnRAID"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="Plex-Media-Server"
   -e 'PLEX_UID'='99'
  -e 'PLEX_GID'='100'
  -e 'VERSION'='latest'
  -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all'
  -e 'NVIDIA_VISABLE_DEVICES'='GPU-867b6976-8663-b63c-234e-59c42267ad88'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:32400]/web'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plexinc/pms-docker/master/img/plex-server.png'
  -v '/transcode':'/transcode':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/MEDIA/':'/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/CACHE_PLEX/appdata/Plex-Media-Server':'/config':'rw'
  --runtime=nvidia 'plexinc/pms-docker'

c88d1b1e5697921566baf5f1f6d130a68b08e1d9a29dd5bae8ff4e965d901ccd

The command finished successfully!

Any ideas?

so i had to drop the DIR back to /mnt for plex to see the share ?

I don't get why I can't point to the actual share I want plex to use, and have to go trough 2 subfolders for the docker to see it?

Previously host path was 

/mnt/user/media

Now set to

/mnt/

Which allows plex docker to see it, so strange 

image.png.730f3d9dc84081992bb013545226bc6b.png

I will see what other concern I run into, took hours to figure this one out :-( 

You never had a /media path in your container, instead you had a /data path.

You definitely don't want to map to /mnt directly you can cause problems like that.

If /mnt/user/MEDIA is indeed the correct path to your media (Linux is case-sensitive so that would mean the share name is MEDIA - ALL CAPS) then use that, and look in your /data folder within plex (or change that container path to /media if you want).

On 12/9/2023 at 1:38 AM, bombz said:

took hours to figure this one out :-( 

You just need to understand container to host mapping.