False alert from UPS settings

I was running the unraid UPS daemon for some time, but due to adding more devices that needed UPS support, I decided to move to a NUT server running on a Raspberry Pi. Moving the Unraid server and adding all the other devices to the NUT server went smoothly and everything seemed to be working well, until after 1 week when I got an error that Unraid had lost connection with the UPS daemon. At first, I thought it was a one off, but then it started to happen every week and usually at the same time (04:41) and I'm now concerned that something more serious might be causing this.

FWIW, the settings are

---

Start APC UPS daemon: No

UPS cable: USB

Custom UPS cable: Blank

UPS type: USB

Device: Blank

Battery level to initiate shutdown (%): 10

Runtime left to initiate shutdown (minutes): 10

Time on battery before shutdown (seconds): 0

Turn off UPS after shutdown: No

Looking at the logs, I've got this entry just before the warning notification:

apcupsd[29559]: apcupsd 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) slackware startup succeeded
apcupsd[29559]: NIS server startup succeeded
apcupsd[29559]: Communications with UPS lost.

It seems that on other instances on the logs where "apcupsd[29559]: apcupsd 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) slackware startup succeeded" is logged but doesn't cause any problems, there is a further 2 entries "apcupsd[29559]: apcupsd exiting, signal 15" and
"apcupsd[29559]: apcupsd shutdown succeeded". I have no idea why this command sometimes triggers and not others.

The workaround is easy, I just click the default button and everything goes back to normal, until the following week, I would prefer that it didn't do this, but I've no idea where to start looking, can someone please give me an idea where to look?

Edited by Boyturtle