TB3, PCI 4 - x16 in x8, and PCI 4 - x16 in x1 questions

almulder

So I have my unraid server with a gamming vm setup, but now due to where me moved vs server location its not working out with hdmi/usb cables(to long of a run).

I am looking at getting a new motherboard, the gigabyte TRX40 DESIGNARE

It comes with GC-TITAN RIDGE (Thunderbolt 3) and have heard with that I can easily go 100 feet? and on the other end get a dock for connecting the different peripherals and monitors.

This is new to me and wonder if you can clarify and suggest a Dock to use.

I am passing through a RTX 2070 (Dual monitor setup). And also wonder is there an impact performance if I connect it to a gen 4 x8 slot, as the x16 slot I want to use for the included AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor for the additional 4 nvme drives.

Also for the use of plex and transcoding and unraid GUI i have an gtx1050ti installed, would there be an impact on transcoding or gui if I adapted it to use a 1x slot? (Again its a gen 4 1x) ans I need 5 PCI cads

So currently I have:

GTX 1050ti - x16 slot

LSI SAS9207-8e - x8 slot

RTX 2070 - x16 slot

What I want to use is my current cards and both the new ones I get with the new motherboard, but the card require particular x lanes.

LSI Controller requires x8 (Correct?)

Thunderbolt card requires x4

NVME card requires x16

GTX 1051TI - Off the x1 slot

RTX 2080 - Off the x8 slot

Or does anyone know of a pci gen 4 x16 to dual x8 slots I could run externally? I know the x16 to 2 x8 slots are out there, but for PCI 3 and only internal