HOW TO FIX THE COMMON PROBLEM DEFAULT DOCKER APPDATA LOCATION IS NOT A CACHE-ONLY SHARE

If the appdata share is not set to be cache-only, then the mover program will cause your docker applications to become inoperable when it runs (6.1.x). Under 6.2+, this setting should not affect the operation of the application, but it will definitely impact significantly the performance of the application. Fix it via 

I have my appdata set to Yes, yet i have the above response. Is there a solution?

45 minutes ago, mikey6283 said:

I have my appdata set to Yes, yet i have the above response.

Cache setting means that the files will be created in the selected pool, them moved to the Array on schedule.

That is probably not what you want for appdata.

If you want your appdata on a pool:

1. Go to Shares, appdata, set it to Prefer.
  2. Go to Settings / Docker, disable docker.
  3. Go to Main and run the Mover.
  4. Once it is done, go to Shares and hit compute on the line "appdata". Everything should be on your pool, if not come back here for advice.
  5. Re-enable Docker.
50 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

Cache setting means that the files will be created in the selected pool, them moved to the Array on schedule.

That is probably not what you want for appdata.

If you want your appdata on a pool:

1. Go to Shares, appdata, set it to Prefer.
  2. Go to Settings / Docker, disable docker.
  3. Go to Main and run the Mover.
  4. Once it is done, go to Shares and hit compute on the line "appdata". Everything should be on your pool, if not come back here for advice.
  5. Re-enable Docker.

I followed you instruction   I believe everything is on pool? Should i change the appdata to  Yes or leave on Prefer as the error message is still there  after reboot?

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 11.59.34.png

51 minutes ago, mikey6283 said:

I believe everything is on pool? Should i change the appdata to  Yes or leave on Prefer as the error message is still there  after reboot?

That message is only a warning :)

You do NOT want to change the Use Cache setting to Yes as that will tell Unraid you want it moved back to the array.   You should either leave it at the Prefer setting or change it to the Only setting.

Yeah, the warning is correct.  You've got appdata set as use cache: yes which means that when mover runs it's going to wind up moving the appdata share to the array.  Warning only as there's nothing "technically" wrong with that, but your performance on containers will significantly degrade.  Hence the warning.  You want to set it to either Only or Prefer

According to those diagnostics, your domain and system share is on the array. That will also affect docker/VM performance and keep your array spunup, since these files are always open. Set them to prefer.

You will have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings since nothing can move open files, then run mover.

Post new diagnostics if you want us to take another look, or you can check yourself by doing Compute... on the User Shares page.

6 hours ago, trurl said:

According to those diagnostics, your domain and system share is on the array. That will also affect docker/VM performance and keep your array spunup, since these files are always open. Set them to prefer.

You will have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings since nothing can move open files, then run mover.

Post new diagnostics if you want us to take another look, or you can check yourself by doing Compute... on the User Shares page.

Thanks for your comments I have solved the issue , exactkly as you have mentioned  Set Shares to Prefer  now all seems clear  following system check.