Ryzen 7 5700G igpu not showing

Yellow NL

Hey Guys, 

I got an R7 5700G with the iGPU and i was hoping to using it along side my rx580 to pass through a VM.

But for some reason it won't show up in my system device list. 

If i pull out my rx580 it shows up just fine. 

if i put in another gpu alongside my rx580 they both shop up just fine (so no pcie lane issue)

for clarification 1 vm with the rx580 and another vm with the igpu. 

the error i get is

Loading config from /boot/config/vfio-pci.cfg

BIND=0000:0a:00.0|10de:1c82 0000:0a:00.1|10de:0fb9

---

Processing 0000:0a:00.0 10de:1c82

Error: Vendor:Device 10de:1c82 not found at 0000:0a:00.0, unable to bind device

---

Processing 0000:0a:00.1 10de:0fb9

Error: Device 0000:0a:00.1 does not exist, unable to bind device

---

vfio-pci binding complete

Devices listed in /sys/bus/pci/drivers/vfio-pci:

anyone any ideas where to look for? 

Edited by Yellow NL

I am tagging along, I just got this CPU to replace my 2700X and so far it has been incredible.  I have not decided to do anything with mine but it does reside with a Quadro P400 I use for JellyFin.  I am able to see mine in Device List IOMMU Group 5 as [1002:1638] 30:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cezanne (rev c8) 

I am not sure if that helps any but this is more of a chance to learn for me than anything else.

6 hours ago, Yellow NL said:

I got an R7 5700G with the iGPU and i was hoping to using it along side my rx580 to pass through a VM.

But for some reason it won't show up in my system device list. 

I have this same CPU in my desktop PC (not in my unRAID server).  It's a nice CPU.

Have you enabled "multi-monitor" or something similar in your BIOS?  Is there a BIOS setting that lets you tell the machine to use both iGPU and PCIe video cards?  Some BIOSes will disable the iGPU if a PCIe video card is inserted unless there is a setting to use both.

My dear sweet Hoopster this did the trick... i feel stupid for overlooking this setting but unbelievable happy you set me on the right path!

Thank you so much!!!

Ok so now both the RX580 and the IGPU of the 5700G show up in Unraid. 

i can now make 2 separate VMs with their own passthroug Gpu.. 

I use them over Parsec remote desktop and my dear god this is awesome. 

this gives me headroom to run 2 normal pc's, 2 nvme drives a 2.5gbe card a 12 disk hdd array and 6 cache ssd's on this x570 platform!

absolutely amazing. 

Thank you Hoopster! you made my life great again!

• 1 month later...

Hi @Yellow NL and @Hoopster.

Do you guys mind sharing some details on how you achieved this? I don't have a discrete GPU, I'm trying to passthrough the 5700G APU (iGPU) w/o success. I reached a point where I keep getting Error Code 43 in the Windows10 guest device manager. My setup looks even simpler than yours and it does not work, The IOMMU groups in my motherboard are great (I have a dedicated group per device). Any hint will be appreciated. Thanks a lot. 

12 hours ago, eitten said:

Do you guys mind sharing some details on how you achieved this?

I am not passing through the iGPU on my Ryzen 5700G since this CPU is not in my unRAID server.  It is in my desktop PC which runs Windows 11.

As to the settings to make sure the integrated GPU is always active, here is what I set in the Asus motherboard BIOS:

image.thumb.png.c4f6e9de3a8432d8d30510b05e467a30.png

Edited by Hoopster