Server suddenly has weird issues

LuxVita

Hi there

my server just stopped working properly.

The UI is laggy, i can not restart the server in the UI (with the button Restart), i even can not download the diagnostics, because the pop up stucks in the phase of: lsof -Pni 2>/dev/null|todos >'/tower-diagnostics-20211209-1448/system/lsof.txt'

Can you guys help me, that i can provide you better information, since i can not give you the diagnostics download?

Shall i restart the server in the IPMI?

At least i can give you the syslog download. I had several problems with the backup appdata plug in (had to restart the server because the docher img got deleted everytime the plug in did its job). Perhaps that is a problem?

Sorry that i can not give you a better information....

tower-syslog-20211209-1355.zip

26 minutes ago, LuxVita said:

problems with the backup appdata plug in (had to restart the server because the docher img got deleted everytime the plug in did its job)

That sounds like you have told it to store the backup where docker.img is.

Dec  9 14:49:01 Tower kernel: Modules linked in: macvlan nvidia_uvm(PO) xt_CHECKSUM ipt_REJECT nf_reject_ipv4 ip6table_mangle ip6table_nat iptable_mangle nf_tables vhost_net tun xt_nat vhost vhost_iotlb tap xt_tcpudp veth xt_conntrack xt_MASQUERADE nf_conntrack_netlink nfnetlink xt_addrtype iptable_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack nf_defrag_ipv6 nf_defrag_ipv4 br_netfilter xfs nfsd lockd grace sunrpc md_mod nvidia_drm(PO) nvidia_modeset(PO) drm_kms_helper syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt fb_sys_fops nvidia(PO) drm backlight agpgart ip6table_filter ip6_tables iptable_filter ip_tables x_tables bonding ixgbe mdio ipmi_ssif amd64_edac_mod edac_mce_amd kvm_amd kvm mpt3sas crct10dif_pclmul crc32_pclmul crc32c_intel ghash_clmulni_intel aesni_intel wmi_bmof crypto_simd cryptd i2c_piix4 raid_class glue_helper nvme i2c_core scsi_transport_sas sr_mod ahci rapl wmi input_leds ccp nvme_core led_class k10temp libahci acpi_ipmi button ipmi_si cdrom acpi_cpufreq [last unloaded: mdio]

That is pretty far down into the dumps at the end of your syslog, so not clear if it is the problem or not but here is the link

hi - thank you for your answers. I "killed" the process by restetting with ipmi. AQfterwards the logs were cleared.

i saw, that one Thread of my CPU (i have an ryzen 2600) was stuck at 100% - i think that caused the issue.

After rebooting, my backup Cache drive is gone - i cant see it in the dashboard nor in aunassigned devices - seems strange.

I ordered now an Cache upgrade (which i wanted to do in the near future anyway) und will use my old cache drive as the backup drive for appdata. (will upgrade my Samsung 970 pro 512GB to a Samsung 970 pro 1024GB).

The server anyway works fine again.

Your idea according to the appdata folder - i really dont know, what could be wrong there. the plug in allows 2 setttings: 1.) where is your appdata and 2.) where shall the backup be saved. Do i understand anything wrong there?

Thank you very much for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there
tonight the server was weird again - but this time i could create the diagnostic file. I saw,, that the ram was used 100%, even that some dockers did not work anymore.

any input, what went wrong there? Again - after the reboot, evérything works fine again.

To the appdata back up topic:

I will install my new cache drive tomorrow and hope, things will get better.

I have uninstalled the backup plug in, but will re-insatll it, when the new drive is installed.

Just to be sure with the configuration:

in the first line, i will type in the path, where my actual appdata is located (folder appdata on the cache drive). In the second line i will type the path to the folder, where i want the backup file to be located, And everytime, the backup runs, i want the old backup file to be deleted. Am i right here?

tower-diagnostics-20211229-0812.zip