[Solved] ASUS P11C-i compatible with I9-9900k ?

Hello together,

maybe any expert can give me a hint with my question. At the moment i got a ASUS P11C-i mainboard working with an i3-9100 and 16GB ECC RAM. After buying a Geforce 3060 TI for working with a VM i recognized that the CPU is little bit to slow ( and not enough cores ) to work with the WIN10 VM ( gaming etc. ). 
I was looking for a faster CPU to replace the i3-9100 and found the i9-9900k. And now im asking myself a few questions ....

1. Is it possible to run the 9900k on the P11C-I mainboard ? ( regarding to the datasheet - NO, only i3, xeon, pentium ) --> But looking at the chipset - YES --> Maybe the i9 was not on the marked when the datasheet was released...
2. Is it possible to run the 9900k with the ECC RAM ( ECC is not supported by CPU but i dont need ECC ---> So if RAM is working without ECC it would be ok for me )

EDIT:
A working CPU alternative which is not more expensive than the 9900k is welcome, too 🙂

EDIT2:
Bought the CPU and tried if it works. And it works very good with low idle power.

Best regards
Mathias

Edited by elgatobavaria
Statusupdate
  • elgatobavaria changed the title to [Solved] ASUS P11C-i compatible with I9-9900k ?