unable to access local host from the GUI

jvanheu1
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I am having trouble loading into the main menu, ones i get to the menu, start it in GUI mode, and log in as root. It shows it cant connect to the local host.  I have already delete the network, and network rules file, from the config file, to reset them, and nothing helped. tried to delete and replace files from a working usb stick, and still nothing.

Im trying to keep the save USB stick, with all the save data, so I dont have to re-setup my array/pools/apps, and lose any data on the array.

Any help would help out alot.

20211212_154411 Copy.jpg

1. Wait a couple of minutes before trying to log in. -> It's a quirk and a bit pet peeve of mine that if you're sitting in front of that screen and you see the login screen and immediately log in you will see exactly what you're seeing.  Try again in a few minutes.  Or,
  2. From the start menu (the "lime"), go to the terminal and type in 
    diagnostics

and then 

powerdown

and after the system has shut off, post the resulting zip file that was stored within /logs on the flash drive (pull the flash drive and put it into another computer)

• 4 weeks later...

i have delete the docker.img file and created a new one, but it seems i am still having a problem getting them to work. there is noting showing in the plugins tab, and no apps tab at all.  Do i  need to replace the docker.cfg file with a new fresh install copy, or does it need to be something else?

6 hours ago, jvanheu1 said:

i have delete the docker.img file and created a new one, but it seems i am still having a problem getting them to work. there is noting showing in the plugins tab, and no apps tab at all.  Do i  need to replace the docker.cfg file with a new fresh install copy, or does it need to be something else?

Go to Apps / Previous Apps and install the one you want to re-install.

13 hours ago, jvanheu1 said:

Post new diagnostics

On 12/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, trurl said:

Put flash in your PC and checkdisk. While there make a backup. You will at least have to replace the config/go file with one from a fresh download.

When you made a backup of your flash drive, the config folder had your previous configuration, but some of it seemed to be corrupt. You could try to use some of that, or you can just set everything up again by reinstalling your plugins and dockers. Your pro key is installed and working, and your disks are assigned and mounting, though it looks like only disk1 and cache have anything on them.

12 hours ago, jvanheu1 said:

im good with reinstalling it the dockers, but im having problems with that. when trying to install community application it keeps failing, and im not sure why, even after deleting the .img file, and staring new. 

CA is a plugin, and there is no .img file related to plugins. The usual reason for problems installing CA is networking. Are you sure your server can reach the internet?

Get a screenshot of trying to install CA and post it