File system audit to detect file deletion

krh1009

9 hours ago, krh1009 said:

I have a set of TV episodes that mysteriously disappear every time I download them.   I'm not sure which process is deleting them.  Is there any file system audit tool I can use to find out what app is deleting them?

Very recently another user found that plex had a setting configured to remove watched episodes for a specific series. Maybe start the search there?

2 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Very recently another user found that plex had a setting configured to remove watched episodes for a specific series. Maybe start the search there?

BINGO! Thank you.  This show had "keep unwatched episodes" set to 5,  so it was deleting the older unwatched episodes.   I never knew that option existed in plex, and have no idea why only this show was set to 5 episodes.   Other shows are set to "keep all".

I suspect a programming flaw of some flavor, perhaps bug. It's just too coincidental my tastes. I'm pretty sure there are going to be some PO'd people when their hard to finish collections get cratered.

I've never liked plex, so I'm more than a little biased here, but emby FTW.

Perhaps it's time to recommend setting media paths to read only.